kc The drudgeries of life: Making a choice The drudgeries of life: Making a choice

The drudgeries of life

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Making a choice

For quite sometime now, Orkuting has been a severe addiction of mine. It would be stating an analogy when I mention that what smoking a cigarette means to chain smokers, logging onto the one and only Orkut means to me! But recently, I got myslef into another "mess", namely blogging, thanks to my buddies and their exceptional writing skills. Even though I managed to avoid posting, I quite enjoyed browsing through the blogs. But after my debut on Blogspot as a true blogger, a trade off between wasting time scrapping on Orkut and whiling away my time blogging was quite inevitable!

For the past couple of weeks, it seems as if blogging was the activity being deprived of my attention. While it is a fact that I love writing, it is also a fact that I'm a lazy slob! And thanks to the latter fact, I preferred to stick to writing my diary rather than slogging it out at the keyboard! Added to the above mentioned reason, there are plenty of excuses for my not carrying on publishing my thoughts. For starters, there are early morning lectures failing to attend some of which would ensure your enrollment in the same course for the next year! Not that I'm a regular at these soporific discourses (actually I turn up once in a blue moon in the lecture theatre to give proof of my existence to the prof.), but bunking them is in no way fun because you lie in bed cursing yourself for missing a possible pop-quiz or attendance! Rather than enjoying a good hour's worth of sleep, which actually bunking a lecture should amount to, you keep awake just to confirm that there was no quiz! If the lecture was eventless as you had prayed and hoped, the relief experienced couldn't be put in words. If the case was just the opposite, what ensues is a barrage of words for you never knew you knew, not to mention a really fucked-up day!! AHEM

Carrying on with the excuses, lectures apart, I can actually boast of having upto 4-hour long laboratory sessions which are a total waste of precious time! Excuse number 3 is all about the projects that I'm overburdened with! I somehow manage to squeeze in my working-out activities amidst all these detestable activities. Speaking of excuses, how could I forget good old Orkut Buyukkokten's creation?! Apart from all this, the most promising excuse that I'm going to present is my addiction to computer gaming. Even though I was hooked onto Counter-Strike, I somehow managed to jilt that craze for good! But the same couldn't be said for Quake-III which I still continue to play as a freak, be it early in the morning (read between 2 AM to 5 AM!) or any time in the day!!

That's it with all my excuses! If you were crazy enough to read through the entire load of crap that I've typed out and reach here, kudos to you for managing to come out alive! As for me, I've been giving serious thought to showing the other tasks my middle finger, and getting into blogging the proper way! Thank you people for your comments on my previous post, which I believe were solely responsible for my getting back here.........

posted by Smartalec at 6:30 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

:) now we call it a great following to a great start!

4/03/2005 12:42 PM  

i was crazy enuf 2 read the whole blog n am still alive[:P]

4/03/2005 2:46 PM  

bingo! i'm all that and yes! i'm a lazy slob! nice meeting u isha 8)

4/04/2005 1:42 PM  

thx ekta!
and lucky u, naresh :P!!

4/04/2005 1:43 PM  

By the way, I am also a lazy slob.

4/05/2005 1:11 AM  

this is message to nymph ravishing,
no not like anyone, thats my wishing,
I'm what I'm and no one's alike,
but my poems, do u like?

4/06/2005 1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home