kc The drudgeries of life: Of surprises and shocks! The drudgeries of life: Of surprises and shocks!

The drudgeries of life

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Of surprises and shocks!

Ok! When I plan to surprise someone, it usually backfires... and I end up getting shocked :P
It's a norm. Period.

Last year, a brick of half melted ice cream bore testimony to this fact.
This year, a cold McVeggie, melted chocolates, and a dried up rose remind me of the jinx.

Save for one or two occasions where I successfully pulled off a surprise, life has repeatedly given me reasons not to give surprises.
Sadly, I never learn from my mistakes :P

Of the various instances when I've made a popat of myself, I only regret that instance when I called up my old school friend with the motive of surprising him, and ended up using the choicest of abuses for his father (thinking that it was my friend I was speaking to!)... father and son had the exact same voice, for gawd's sake! :D

Anyway, had a great time at the awesome culfest of an undergrad college!
The jam session, the band performance and the fashion show brought back memories of the good ol' B.Tech. days... wow! Totally nostalgic :)
Thanks to a dear friend for inviting me... and then not inviting me... toggle toggle!
Till the end, I wasn't sure whether I was welcome or not, so I just went :P

Off to bed! Hectic weekend ahead...

Labels: , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 12:27 AM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home