kc The drudgeries of life: Dreaded Mondays The drudgeries of life: Dreaded Mondays

The drudgeries of life

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Dreaded Mondays

Many a times I've had the feeling that Jim Davis (Thanks Salil) had me in mind when he came up with the concept of Garfield! Just like Garfield is a wise-cracking, nap-taking, coffe-guzzling, lasagna-loving, spider-whacking, dog-punching, postman-mauling fat cat (courtesy http://www.fromtheheartpostcards.com/Garfield.html), I'm also a wise-cracking, always hibernating, coffee-guzzling, chow-loving, pal-as-well-as-foe-mauling somewhat muscular dude :D! But the most striking characteristic that myslef and Garfield share in common is our loathe for Mondays!!

Ever since I started attending school, I began to hate the second day of the week, better known as the first working day of the week, like anything! After spending a wonderful weekend when I would sleep till late in the morning followed by lazing around for the entire day, and spend a wonderful evening playing all sorts of games in my neighbourhood, it was on the eve of Monday that it began to sink in that the tomorrow is the day to get back to the same mundane routine! So what ensued was stuffing my bag with all the books for school, polish my shoes, and making sure that I had completed all my homework (most of the times, it turned out that I hadn't and like always, last-minute hotchpotch work to the rescue 8)!

Mondays usually turned out to be just as miserable as I had foreseen, if not more. Classes were so very somnolent that drowsing off was a must and this gave the lecturers a good chance to screw me! The experiments seemed to take like forever to get completed! Squabbling with friends was a Monday speciality! Bloody profs took out their frustrations by handing out loads of homework! Thanks to my parents' hangover from the weekend, even they used to be sourpusses throughout Monday! Gawd! How I had wanted to escape all these miseries and get into college where I had imagined life to be eternal bliss, thanks to all those crappy Hindi movies in which college students have been portrayed as being the dudes and dudettes who do everything with the exception of studying and attending college! Boy! Mondays in college sure would be fun was all that I had in my mind!

Now I'm in college! Life is just the same as the miserable school life I left behind, if not worse! All that I had seen in the movies is so very untrue! You actually end up doing all that they don't do in the film world version of college life. As for Mondays, they're far worse! Psychopaths masquerading as professors ensure that you attend their labs and lectures, and that too by taking pop-quizzes and attendances or by promising you an F grade and a chance to repeat the course!

Today was a Monday! It sucked, and there's nothing new about that! I was working on a software engineering project till about 5 AM with someone who I can't say I adore or admire or, for that matter, like more than I like a stinking pair of socks! Played an hour's worth of Quake and wrote my diary entry for the previous day before hitting the sack at 6:30 AM! Got up at 8:45 AM *yawns* to attend a lecture in which there's always a threat of a quiz! Two consecutive lectures and a much despised 3 hour (which eventually goes upto 4 hours) lab session later, I'm left with one helluva headache! Neither do I have the strength nor the will to visit my favorite hangout, namely the gym! The rest of today I know is gonna suck as well! Got to continue the work on my project with, yeah you got it, the same bugger! Probably I'll have to survive on a bottle of Dew for dinner *sighs*! And I could do with some sleep :(!

Don't know when this day is gonna end, but I sure hope Tuesday hurries up.....

posted by Smartalec at 8:05 AM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

15 Comments:

oh, i'm a fan of Garfield as Well. And i hate mondays. Always... in fact for that matter i hate everyday of the week except sat and sun :P

4/04/2005 8:02 PM  

join the club!! but i hate mondays a lot more than other days....

4/04/2005 8:25 PM  

My favourite day is wednesday,as I was born on wedn. It falls in the middle of the week, so generally there's not much rush. I hate saturday and tuesday. They r boring days!!

4/04/2005 9:02 PM  

yeah! i was born on friday and i love it! no labs on that day! and itz like an unoffical weekend kinda day

4/05/2005 12:23 PM  

Smartalec, I heard that you are buying tramadol and some kind of enlargement pills.... dude, blog is working for u... :p

4/05/2005 2:16 PM  

holy fuck! how do i delete these comments :x?! heeeeelp!
@nymph- a complete blog for a comment :P
@mousy- they probably mistook me for u ;)

4/05/2005 2:42 PM  

how pathetic :P!

4/05/2005 6:34 PM  

Steve, did u buy those enlargement pills? or should I lend you money??? ha ha ha... dude you're really pathetic!!

4/05/2005 9:31 PM  

Naah! i really don't need em, mousy! i bet u want me 2 buy em so that u cud borrow them from me just like u keep borrowing everything else/)! sorry dude! can't help u!

4/05/2005 9:48 PM  

need proof, miss nymph :P?!

4/06/2005 3:23 PM  

c'mon steve, show the world that u dont need enlargement pills... ha ha ha!

4/06/2005 4:18 PM  

look whoz squeaking :D?! probably my next avtaar, mousy! close ur eyes! and yup! now u'll surely start take those pills out of jealousy :P!

4/06/2005 4:26 PM  

naughty naughty naughty :D!

4/08/2005 11:36 AM  

Garfield is by Jim Davis. Chuck Jones is the Bugs/Daffy guy.

4/21/2005 1:33 AM  

oops! thanx for pointing that out, dude! my mistake! i'll rectify it pronto!

4/21/2005 1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home