kc The drudgeries of life: An ode to a Teacher The drudgeries of life: An ode to a Teacher

The drudgeries of life

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

An ode to a Teacher

Not a disciplinarian, but she always referred to the class hooligans as rickshaw pullers :)
She loved to be funny, but the look on her face was ever serious.
She was our class teacher for 2 continuous years, that too at the crucial juncture when we moved from primary school to middle school!
She taught us Math, and laid the foundation for my eventual love for the subject... it's another matter that in her exam, I once wrote 50 squared = 250 :P
She is my aunt too, and that's the main reason I was always extra cautious in school... anything I did was reported to her, and eventually Mom got to hear about it :)
She retired last year, but my eternal dilemma persisted... whether to refer to her as "Teacher" or "Maami" at home :D

She has been very sick of late, but I didn't realize how sick till the moment I went to Raipur last month and saw her... it was heart wrenching.
Last night, Dad and Mom called from the hospital to say that one by one all her organs are failing...

I never admitted it, but she was one of my favorite teachers at school. Love you, Sundaram teacher!

Labels: ,

posted by Smartalec at 2:24 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

I feel sorry for your teacher.

I went to my school two weeks back and found only 3-4 teachers of our times who still teach. It was not a pleasant sight to see my revered class teacher ma'm looking old and weary.

12/15/2009 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home