kc The drudgeries of life: The Golden Couple! The drudgeries of life: The Golden Couple!

The drudgeries of life

Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Golden Couple!

In this age of break-ups, screwed up relationships, divorces, it's fascinating and inspiring to see this beautiful couple going strong 50 long years after they tied the knot!
Oh well! Some 25 odd years back when I entered the scene, I did become the Woh in a Pati, Patni and Woh kinda scenario... unwittingly though :P
I've seen their hair turning gray and then white over time, but they're still like two shy youngsters  of the yesteryears who, one fine day, together embarked on the journey called life... 

If there was a time when I used to sketch cards for them on every special occasion, all that I could manage to gift them today from 3000 kms away was my rendition of a couple of songs accompanied by some chords on the guitar.... 
I'm sure that they didn't understand a single word of the songs (taking a dig at my pathetic singing is strictly prohibited :p), but when they said in unison that they liked it, I could tell that they did :)

Here's raising a toast to the Golden Couple, also the best Grandparents in the whole wide galaxy ... I so wish I were there with you both on this grand occasion!
Happy Golden Anniversary, Paati and Thatha!!! May you celebrate many more anniversaries together!! Love you both truckloads!! :* :*

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 1:41 AM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home