kc The drudgeries of life: My Hero! The drudgeries of life: My Hero!

The drudgeries of life

Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Hero!






It's strange how things change with time:
Long long back, during our family walks, he'd tower over me, and I'd easily wriggle through the A-shaped gap that his long legs made. 

And now I'm just a tad bit shorter than him...

But then it's nice how some things remain constant.
I looked up to him then, both figuratively and literally. 
And I still look up to him now... I always will :)

I still remember the times when, as a kid, I loved drawing, and each and every sketch had to be approved by him, the awesome artist!
Yep, it was disappointing how none of my drawings ever met his expectations. 
As a kid, I never appreciated the criticism and the constructive feedback, but that's what helped me grow... it helped me improvise... 

I used to be a slouch. A very thin, awkward one at that. Damn, I used to think the word "Personality" would never be applicable to me.
He changed all that. 
The thumping took care of the slouchiness... the induced habit of working out changed the rest. The constant feedback kept everything in check... almost :)
He's the man behind the making of this man...







It's funny how scared I used to be of him... 
A bit of scolding from him, or even a hint of it, and my eyes would well up with tears!
One mistake, one goof up, one crime, and I'd cringe at the thought of his discovering it!
And now, we're like best buddies... 

There used to be one day per week when he donned the chef's hat... and we so looked forward to it! No offense meant to our favorite cooker :)

I usually hate getting sidelined in the pics which I upload. But when it's him who steals the limelight, I feel very proud! :))


And then, there are some things which I do, his reactions to which give me the feeling that I've made him proud.  Priceless moments that make life seem worth living :)


He has been my inspiration, my role model for anything and everything... be it work-life balance, or financial expertise, lovingness, planning for the future, fitness, or his command over life in general. Respectttt!

In early 2008, when I appeared for my Symbi interview, the first of many PIs in my life, a very interesting episode happened.
Excerpts:
Panelist: Ok Steve! So tell me, who's your hero? The person who's your idol?
Me: My father. (And I almost started off with an explanation that needed no preparation...)
Panelist: No blood relations please. Some famous personality.
Me: Sorry sir. No other idols. And I don't want to parrot away any made up answers...

That sums it up.  
He's my hero! The perfect man.
And I so aspire to be like him one day... :)

Happy Father's Day, Dada! 
You're the best! Love you a lot!!



Labels: , ,

posted by Smartalec at 3:57 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home