kc The drudgeries of life: Real gals The drudgeries of life: Real gals

The drudgeries of life

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Real gals

Disclaimer: Any reference to a particular female, or a certain number of females, in this post is not at all coincidental and was surely intentional! Also, any resemblance to the females mentioned might be coincidental or might not! No names have been mentioned explicity, so hear ye, all females at DA-IICT! If any of you come across this post, associating yourself with any female or category of females mentioned is entirely your fault and not the author's!! Finally, hurting anyone was not the motto of composing this thread; all I had in mind was presenting my frustrations! Read on bloggers....

About a semester after joining college, the first time I came across a T-shirt with the caption, "99% girls are beautiful... the rest 1% are in my college", it kinda appealed to me! Throughout my life, I've been lucky enough to come across several girls, types ranging from reserved to cool to cute to sexy to bitchy to ugly(ugh!), but I had always imagined that college would be the ultimate place for going after the chicks! So, innocently I reserved any feelings I had for my best-female-friends in those good-old school days for the damsels that I had dreamed of meeting in college.

But woe is me! For starters, take my batch in college for instance... out of 240 odd students, a mere 30-35 belong to the fairer sex (Holy cow! Please don't be misled when I say "fairer" because fair specimens of the so-called fairer sex are a myth over here)! Hardly 5-6 out of them qualify as cool! A measly 3-4 qualify as cute or sexy:(! I'm in no mood to elaborate about the remaining. The biggest problem is that I never have felt comfortable talking to the better ones because I've always got the feeling that they possess that snobbish attitude and aren't much interested in any sort of conversation! So much for discovering whether the girl possesses internal beauty or not! Moving on to the external aspects, naah! If I state that T-shirt caption, I'm cent percent sure it would qualify as the understatement of the century!

What adds to my frustration, and probably the frustrations of most of my male colleagues, is watching the sexy specimens of babes that other colleges boast of possessing! Dammit! Take the recent fashion show that we had at our college! NIFT was here and Gaaawd! Were the female models awesome or what!! They had everything right - the attitude, the figures, the sex-appeal, the dressing-sense and what not! Another instance was when I went to IIT Bombay to participate in their annual Techfest. We had our contraption all set up and I was the one explaining how it worked to anyone who lingered around near us! I had the pleasure of reiterating the same things to loads of females, but I in no way felt ennervated! And the best part was exchanging names and shaking hands with these 3 absolutely gorgeous Pune gals after the explanation thing got over! Even these gals could boast of being babes in the true sense!
*Sighs* Which brings meback to the pitiable state of affairs in my college!

Seems there's nothing that can be done to alter the situation! So I've been surviving thanks to all the "cool" gals on Orkut and my Yahoo friend list :(! Not to mention cool gals like Isha who I bumped into on Blogger! Also, bird-watching in Ahmedabad helps a lot:D! Gotta spend one more year in this hell this way and then probably I'll get to know some real chick in real life...

posted by Smartalec at 6:40 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

25 Comments:

Ho.. Steve, I'd love to know who the 4-5 are really of the fairer sex who've caught your eye.. possibly,2 - 3 of them are still single n happy.. go dude, give it a shot! What say?

4/05/2005 9:23 PM  

This is sad story steve... but you've classified girls, esp. from our college, in categories which might not be appealing to them. May be you're breaking some hearts... too bad.... take life the way it comes!!

4/05/2005 9:29 PM  

@prasoon: no way, dude! i'm not gonna take any chances! u kno better, after all u're experienced;).. then why advise me to go for it?!
@amod: the same goes for the gals mentioned! they need 2 accept things the way they are!

hey ppl! no names mentioned! so these 5-6 or 3-4 or the rest cud be any of d 30 odd gals! no offense meant to anyone

4/05/2005 9:54 PM  

prasoon wants 2 hv more ppl on his boat ;) no offence, yaar

its true tht Pune has really cool babes :D.

4/05/2005 10:46 PM  

seriously man,
tell me something new...
well who's not waiting to be away from this shithole...

4/06/2005 12:06 AM  

@bhavesh
lol! poor prasoon! anything 2 say in ur defense, prasoon?!
agreed abt pune:D

4/06/2005 1:08 AM  

well, I know you are pretty sad,
but gals,love,romance are just fad,
c'mon do something, get a life,
and if u can't, then end urself with a knife!
More poems will come, just wait,
and dont lose hope, find a mate!

4/06/2005 1:36 AM  

hehehe! this one's free of cost:P! i guess u're being here wud've made some difference even if not much...

hmm.. now u've got me thinking! lemme see! d most amazing gal for 365 dayz vs an avg gal for my entire life...! why do i feel itz requiredof me 2 choose the latter option :o?! i guess i'll go with the life-long thing *sighs*! btw whatz d point u wanna make, isha??

4/06/2005 11:40 AM  

now thatz putting it brilliantly! nice tactics! me too game for that! anyway i'll get bored with d option i chose, so it wud be better 2 have some real fun for a year n then move on with an avg life:D! what say?

4/06/2005 12:03 PM  

i meant looking at it from d point of view of d batch's sex ratio, stupid :P!
speaking for myself, it wud be heaven;)!

4/06/2005 12:06 PM  

I'm sad for you honey. My college not only had hot chicks, but we were featured in Play Boy one year....Our problem was there was a lack of decent guys on my campus - they were all hill billy idiots....Oklahoma State University, USA

4/06/2005 12:08 PM  

lol! thanx for your sympathy! seems it's His will that hot chicks and decent guys are not to be together :D!!

4/06/2005 12:15 PM  

what a farce :D!! now i really wanna meet up with u O nymph! so where shall it be??

4/06/2005 12:23 PM  

save it! do u think i'm gonna b online all that time :P?!
me too got a 1 hr tut in 1 hr:(!

4/06/2005 12:28 PM  

probably allie did remember! damn they ended the novel at such an interesting part! sparks shud've atleast mentioned that she managed somehow, thanx probably one of love's miracles, to remember just noah:D!

4/06/2005 12:30 PM  

for starters, u've got me addicted 2 blogging! take this for proof.. i'm half-naked and was on my way to take a shower n got this impulse to check my blog :D! so here i am sitting in my towel in front of a pc! ppl who see me like this r gonna take me for a real wacko :))!lol

4/06/2005 1:26 PM  

seriously! it'd hurt real bad knowing that u'll remember for just 1 day n then all goes blank:(! *sob*! but i'd give anythin for such a day if i were in that kinda situation...

4/06/2005 1:29 PM  

comments after my tut, isha! got lotz 2 say....

4/06/2005 1:36 PM  

gawd steeeviie !!
even if thers only a meagre percentage oy nymps on our campus !! I bet u can try luck wid ne of them !!!
go go go !!!

4/06/2005 3:10 PM  

@shaan
dude! u did what u had 2 do! i'm scared of the rest!

@nymph
cool! naah! hott is more like it :D! so here's a joey ishtyle "how ya doin'?!" ;)

4/06/2005 3:30 PM  

ciao nymph! t'was fun! but pray gimme ur orkut id now that i've seen the real u!!

4/06/2005 3:35 PM  

My new creation, plz dont copy :-)

I see something is cooking,
On some kiwigirl, Steve is looking,
and that nymph's really ravishing,
but, steve, isnt something missing?

4/06/2005 4:30 PM  

booo! pathetic as usual! give this up chooch and restart ur mooching around d college

4/06/2005 4:34 PM  

.. one suggestion... try and get hold of someone to go to the Disc situated at City pulse. "Escape" .. it's a happening place wid loads of babes and chicks and bitches as well, from all over the place. ;)

4/06/2005 6:17 PM  

i have just got 3 words....

Oh My God!

really stevie... u are a playboy on the virtual world... first orkut and it didnot even take u a couple of weeks before u have females drooling all over u over here on blogger....

hehehe... man u r gifted...
it time u say words rather then write it for the virtual babes....

4/06/2005 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home