kc The drudgeries of life: The Best Laid Plans! The drudgeries of life: The Best Laid Plans!

The drudgeries of life

Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Best Laid Plans!

About 1 month ago, nothing seemed to be going right. Everything seemed to be in a state of disarray.
Personal life. Professional life. Life. Everything seemed to be a mess.
Slowly, painfully, I started to get my priorities right. Disengagement is a tough damn task, but it didn't look like there was any other way out...
Distractions, aberrations never ever seemed so beautifully timed!
I know that I had something else in mind when I started off... not anymore!
Certain things became top priority... I realized that there was lots more to look forward to at the end of every working day! The world "passion" and "enthusiasm" got redefined in this new context.

I still remember that long talk with A over a cuppa in the B block market, and the set of strategic decisions that we took after that... the turning point!
I always say that my favorite takeaway from MBA is the love for long-term planning... strategizing, if you want to go one notch higher.
Parellells can be drawn between the past one month in our lives, and a month-long live project in Strategy and Operations (S&O)!
For once, I'd acknowledge the fact that I'm a good Manager... in addition to being a superb salesman, of course ;)
At the end of 30 long, eventful days, I can satisfactorily say that the best laid plans do fall into place... 

The icing on the cake is that the real fun starts now.
I've managed to unload a huge burden that I had been carrying, and to tear up a completed 'to do' list!
July is going to be my month, I know it for sure... no strings or hinges attached.

On a serious note, do not miss out on Toy Story 3! 
I was desperate to discover how, and why the hell had it managed to break into the imdb top# 250 so soon, even if that meant watching my first 3D movie :P
It's an awesome film... especially the kiddies in the hall, including myself enjoyed it thoroughly!
I so want to be child again :'(

A long small-weekend finally ends! 
Fingers crossed for awesome days ahead... and awesome mausam!
Asta la vista.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 11:46 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home