kc The drudgeries of life: Wonder days! The drudgeries of life: Wonder days!

The drudgeries of life

Monday, February 07, 2011

Wonder days!

People have weird superstitions. 
I have my own set of those. One of them is the notion that Mondays are meant to be horrible. 
I'm sure not many people are going to pooh pooh this one :)

For the past month and a half though, I hardly got a chance to dread the onset of the first working day of the week... reason being I didn't even realize when the hell it showed up! Talk about being stuck in a time warp.
Today, though, was the kind of day, a few Mondays like which would put an end to the Garfield effect for me!
For starters, the atmosphere at work was as relaxed as it could ever be... unrestrained smiles and jaunty strides all around!
Like the quote goes: "When the cat's away, the mice will play" :p

When I walked out of office at 6 PM, after a lifetime I was leaving from work while it was still bright outside!
I had forgotten what it was like reaching home before 7 PM! Too bad I no longer work out at the gym... had a sudden craving for the same :|

Was on the phone with a friend when I heard a distant rumble which soon turned into a vicious thunder! Stepping out onto the balcony, I was infatuated with the sight in front of me... a thunderstorm that had wrapped itself around the whole of South City 2. 
And for the nth time, I patted myself on the back for choosing to live in this place... 11 storeys above the world, looking over the expanse!

The unforeseen showers made the weather extremely pleasant. 
Had the usual dinner with the usual companions, but as always it was nice! 
Then the telephonic conversations... it's so much fun to talk and talk in the absence of work-related duress.

Only low point of the day was feeling bad about not making it to either of Kikad or LKP's marriages. 
Anyway nothing so depressing that I'd need something to lull me to sleep... another first after a long time. 
It's at normal times like this that I realize strumming the guitar is one of the best forms of catharsis, no matter how bad you're at it!
Poor people those from whose lives music is missing.

That's that.
Saturday night and Sunday were fun to the core. Monday turned out to be a gem of a day.
Lots of planning to do for the remaining days of the week! 
Most of all, finding excuses escape the Valentine week brouhaha. No seriously, wasn't the V-Day more than enough that an entire week of farce had to be invented?! 

Anyway, this is the week to look forward to. 
Get this weird feeling I'm growing up. 
Like Kevin Arnold says of this process in a favorite soap from the namesake period of my life, The Wonder Years:

“Growing up is never easy. You hold on to things that were. You wonder what's to come. But that night, I think we knew it was time to let go of what had been, and look ahead to what would be. Other days. New days. Days to come. The thing is, we didn't have to hate each other for getting older. We just had to forgive ourselves... for growing up.”

And another process that's on the cards:

“Change is never easy. You fight to hold on. You fight to let go.”

I know for sure that many years down the line, I'd be echoing Kevin's following line for these wonder days: 

"And the thing is, after all these years, I still look back...with wonder."

Good night!
And what the heck! Happy Rose Day @>-;'-

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 11:56 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home