kc The drudgeries of life: 55 word fiction The drudgeries of life: 55 word fiction

The drudgeries of life

Friday, January 28, 2011

55 word fiction

Long long time after I read this amazing collection of 55 word stories by some exceptional bloggers, I stumbled across this link again!
Fascinating stuff! Some short stories are outrightly brilliant!
Given that the word limit is just 55, the stories end before they even begin, but the surprise ending in some would've done O. Henry proud :)

The link: http://55-words.blogspot.com/

A couple of my favorites:

The Worker 

The sun was shining, a blazing yellow-white. Heedlessly they trudged on.“But do I have to?” he thought. "What if I break the pattern?"

He paused and started walking off in another direction. At a tangent.Immediately he was swept away by a huge monstrosity that he never even saw coming at him.

“Damn ants”

The prettiest thing

She looked amazing in red. There she was, like a roman goddess, topless. No fear, shame or guilt.
The setting sun toyed with her looks. Her man was right there but I did not stop looking.
The light turned green and she took off and my friend says “A convertible Ferrari, now that’s a car.”


The wedding night
I shuddered slightly as I remembered his touch setting my body aflame. I turned as my groom entered the nuptial chamber. “Are you nervous,” he whispered as he gently lifted my veil. “Yes,” I stammered. “Its my first time,” silently adding, with you.



Principles Of Lust


I looked at her with growing lust in my eyes.
Slowly, I undressed her, unwrapped her beautiful gold gown.
She looked wonderful, in all her glowing brown splendour
Teasingly, I drew her close to my lips....
and proceeded to take a large bit out of her.
I love chocolate.....


Happy reading!
And a happy weekend... I just can't wait for tomorrow! 
Adios!

Labels:

posted by Smartalec at 5:27 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home