kc The drudgeries of life: Day in and nightout The drudgeries of life: Day in and nightout

The drudgeries of life

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Day in and nightout

Now who the fuck could that be?! Why do these miserable bastards make a racket so early in the morning, that too at my front door?!?!

For the past like two years or so, these are the things on my mind when I wake up in the morning! Not a great way to begin the day, but can't be helped! The alarm clock reads 8:00 AM. The guy banging at the door is one of my trusted colleagues who have been entrusted with the task of waking me up before the 8:30 AM lecture each and everyday, and at any cost (Poor guys don't have any idea how much they've been cursed for quite some time... lucky dogs!) ! Seems like I just went to sleep, which is partly true if you go according to the newspapers and medical journals which recommend a minimum of 7 hours of sleep. So ok! A bare 2 hours of sleep doesn't look good! Can I help it if life demands so much out of me that it becomes impossible to sleep before 6 AM?? Can't even remember the last time I got a good night's rest...

So, that being the case, now I can proudly show-off the dark black circles under my eyes, which I'm sure many tacitly take for a couple of punches that I graciously received during a fight! But who cares?! Even my parents have gone tired trying to make me change my habits but all in vain! Even my favorite prof.'s outright accusation that I've probably become a drug-addict(omg!) have failed to have any effect on me! I somehow can't recall when was the last time I slept before 2 AM!! Be it projects, movies, gaming, reading novels, or last minute studies, the best time to persue them are the wee hours of the morning! Catching up on my sleep used to be done in lectures, but that has become quite difficult these days with atleast one guy being kicked out of the lecture theatre per day! No time to sleep in the friggin (picked it up from a ravishing nymph's blog :D) labs and tuts! So, it's been like just 2 measly hours of so-called sleep for me these days! Gosh! I even stopped dreaming those wonderful yet mysterios dreams that I used to have :(! I used to catch up on my sleep on weekends, but thanks to the coaching that I've joined, even that was put to a sad end! Life has been going on this way...

Well, yesterday I finally broke down! Couldn't concentrate on anything! Kept drowsing off every where I could! Now that one of the major projects of this sem is almost completed, I told my groupmates that I had had enough for the day and am going to turn in! Unbelievable yet true, I hit the sack at 11:30 PM and enjoyed a wonderful sleep! Got up at 6 AM, couldn't sleep any more, and boy! Did I feel fresh!! Today I helped in bringing the project one step closer to completion (my SEN group members, you guys rock!!); got hold of a friend's bike and had a roam around the city (The damn sun was scorching hot but still a bike ride is all a guy needs!); got some grapes and am relishing them in this heat while typing this out ;)!

Well, what I wanna say is this... I don't know how long I'm gonna continue being a "good" boy by sleeping early, but it sure feels good! Feels like you've got the entire day to yourself; quite contrary to sleeping at dawn and waking up at dusk and feeling gloomy even though you've got the entire night to yourself! Even attending lectures was fun today! So, my fellow nocturnal DA-IICTians, give thought to sleeping early! Give yourslef a break from the nightouts! I bet it would feel great! As for me, I plan to turn over a new leaf :D (Hey come on! No sniggers people! I'm serious!)! Watch out for the new and modified me! And I pray to God that the black patches under my eyes vanish for good.....

posted by Smartalec at 3:30 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

13 Comments:

see steevie
u r not alone in this
u have companions..
I guess the black color has to do something with this syndrome ... or is it just a co-incidence all we nightout guys hav Blac templates . .. me .. u .. raj and see ppl like Raj , prasoon hav light coloured pages !!!

awww whatever .. black rules ne day so does our nightouts !!

4/07/2005 4:44 PM  

good choice! Hope someday i learn to do the same. no sleep for me before 2 am either, :P

4/07/2005 5:45 PM  

good choice! Hope someday i learn to do the same. no sleep for me before 2 am either, :P

4/07/2005 5:45 PM  

good choice! Hope someday i learn to do the same. no sleep for me before 2 am either, :P

4/07/2005 5:45 PM  

@nymph
I I captain;)

@shaan
u said it, dude! black n nightouts ruuuuule!

@ektz
thankz! i hope i can stick to it

4/07/2005 6:34 PM  

As u know, early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy,wealthy and wise
dude, improve!!! still there's time and there're girls...

4/07/2005 9:45 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/08/2005 11:35 AM  

Steve, hitting sack at 11:30 - INCREDIBLE.

Steve - hitting sach daily at 11:30 - IMPOSSIBLE.

4/08/2005 11:36 AM  

@vivek
i knew it was too good to be true! yet i slept yesterday before 2 AM! still incredible by my standards! any comments!

@nymph
now now! i see u r getting out of hand:P

4/08/2005 11:42 AM  

:o! not what in heaven's name was that all abt?! u've been going too hard on urself, nymph! take a break:P!

4/08/2005 12:13 PM  

movie, with me.... naah there r other better ways to pass time...

4/08/2005 1:53 PM  

yeah!!! a bit late to the party but...

NIght outs you r my man..the case is same with me..i have always wondered how i manage to go to my college at 10.30 after sleepin at 6...

but who cares...didnt somebody say
"history is made at night" ..lol

4/10/2005 5:17 PM  

u said it, anubhav!
nightouts rule! but now it seems i've grown too old for them:D!

4/12/2005 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home