kc The drudgeries of life: All in a day's work :) The drudgeries of life: All in a day's work :)

The drudgeries of life

Thursday, March 04, 2010

All in a day's work :)

I had told a dear friend that if today's day ends, I'd shout out loudly, "Wow! I survived!!!" :D

Not only did I survive, but today was such a memorable day for various reasons! :)

Yesterday ended when it seemed that it would go on forever... at 8 AM today morning!
Glass after glass of drinks, such a lot of dancing, not to mention the emotions - the smiles, the laughs, the tears, the hugs, the frenzy!

Long day ahead... I had to submit the Retail Marketing final project by today 5 PM; also, we had the Teachers' Thanksgiving scheduled from 4 PM to 6 PM; I had my final MHRM (measurement in HRM) project presentation at 6 PM (bang after the Thanksgiving!). Also had to rehearse for the skit (an integral part of the Thanksgiving) at 12 noon!
Yes, long day indeed!

Anyway best thing about today was that it was an Anniversary of sorts! And what a romantic start to the day!
Bon anniversaire, mademoiselle

I got into bed but sleep evaded me!
At 12, Vijay woke me up for the rehearsals... that BP breath refused to let go of me :P
Rehearsals were fine... we're actually going ahead with the skit!!!
Despite the lead character having to back out at the last moment, Ankur was such a sport to fill in at the last moment! Admire him like anything B)
Then came the narrator's backing out... Sanjay sir took up the job, despite having such a lot of compering workload! You rock, sirji!

I multitasked a bit during the rehearsals, and managed to finish up my part of the Retail Marketing project! :D

Back in the room at 2 PM, I tried to study for my 6 PM presentation, and skimmed through some documents!
Before I knew it, it was 3:30 PM!!
Got ready and left for the Teachers' Thanksgiving!
The guys were hard at work there...
As soon as the clock struck 4 PM, the faculty started streaming in, as did many B1ers!!
We had profs who had taught us way back in trimester 1, to profs who're teaching us now, in trimester 6! Even our placements coordinator was present :)
Soon, our Director arrived and we started the show...

I can describe the sequence of events detail-by-detail but that'd take ages... the next 2 hours were the best Teachers' Day experience ever!
The compering was awesome, kudos to Pushkar and Sanjay sir!
The skit was fantabulous... yours truly had the honor of being in the play with some of the finest actors on campus B)
Mughal-e-azam Reloaded was a major success!!!!!!
Sanjay sir's brilliant compering had no comparison ;)
Ankur as Akbar, and Vijay as Birbal stole the show... everyone else did a sexy job!
The mimicry was excellent... the teachers loved watching the avatars of themselves or of their colleagues :P
The tokens of appreciation distribution ceremony came next.
And then each of the professors spoke about us, B1... praised us up, rather! :)
Even the Director spent a long time speaking good words about us :)
Shucks! I got the goosebumps seeing the professors so happy, and talking about B1 so fondly :)
Yep! B1 is a brand!!!

Next up, the sexy power point presentation that Vikas had prepared! Too good B)
Then, after 2.5 hours of awesomeness, we bid a final farewell to our teachers! It was such a neat farewell!
Who knows we might've just started a trend of sorts ;)

The following is a group picture of those who make up Brand B1 (taken just after the successful conclusion of the event):

B1 Rocks!!!

The Thanksgiving function winded up at 6:40... I was 30 minutes late for the MHRM class!!
Made a mad rush for the classroom!
On entering I discovered that my groupies had started the presentation without me... so I joined in!
Ankira informed me that the next section would be mine to speak on... and I went like "Whaaaat?! I haven't even seen the ppt :(

Oh well! The next slide came and I started doling out bullshit... thank God! I can talk on anything and everything B)
So, interspersing my talk with the same sentences in Active and Passive Voice, and quoting examples of Infosys, I finished my job to perfection! LoL! :P

Our group ended the presentation on a high note, and for the first time, the prof asked the class to clap for the good work we had done ;)
Woohoo!!!

Anyway, back to the room now! Totally exhausted!
Visited the rooms of many friends, and collected pics of the Thanksgiving ceremony plus yesterday's farewell party :)
The videos of the play are awesomeeee!! Watched the same time and again with different group of friends....
Yippeee! Now for a freeeeeeee Friday! TGIF!!

Off to sleep now! Will upload pics tomorrow and publish the links :)
In a very very senti mood too!

Love,
Steve

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 11:47 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home