kc The drudgeries of life: And so it starts... The drudgeries of life: And so it starts...

The drudgeries of life

Thursday, May 06, 2010

And so it starts...

First day at work... take 2!!
I knew the company was good!
Up close, the profile looks better... marketing and business development to the core! Yippee!
The deliverables are challenging and exciting... *bring it on*
The colleagues, my immediate boss, and the big bosses are awesome people!
The food in the canteen was yummy!
The temporary workstation is neat... the new cubicle that'll be ready soon is awaited!
The company policies are employee friendly... loved some of them totally!
Staying at Eshwar Mama's place is always such a pleasure... Viji Manni's awesome cooking skills, masti with Mama, bakar and games with Adi and Guls... reminds me of the summer of 2009 :))
And I'll eventually end up living in Gurgaon!
Things did work out like a dream... a dream that I had seen time and over :)

Attaching a couple of pics of my work place... more later:
The corridor at ARI... always feels like I'm walking inside a ship by the port holes :))


My temporary workstation... bereft of any gadgets and gizmos!
Soon will upload the pics of my brand new cubicle!

When I look back at  those seemingly endless months of struggle, those numerous interviews and the plethora of rejections, the bold decision to sign-up crazily selectively despite the placement drought, the absurd stubbornness to dictate bold criteria for company selection (Well-known company + Marketing/ Sales Profile + Delhi/NCR posting!), the days and nights spent in depression, the struggle to live with myself under such circumstances et al, it all seems like it happened in another era... Flashbacks come now and then tinged in sepia :)
You might think that what I'm about to say is just because I got lucky and scraped through, and had my way towards the fag-end of college, but that's not the case.
Everything works out... it surely does... eventually! Just that you have to constantly struggle to see that eventuality...
It has happened far too many times with me to brush it off as a mere coincidence...
But that doesn't mean that I'll not crib and whinge and cry the next time I have to do Sangharsh :P

Truckloads of thanks to my family and dear friends... your love, help, support, encouragement, words of wisdom, and at times criticism through gritted teeth (:P), saw me through :) Don't know where I'd be without you folks! Mwahh! :)


Right now, just a bit apprehensive about finding a decent 2BHK or 3BHK with good power backup in Gurgaon, DLF City Ph. 2... or worst case, Ph. 4...
A humble appeal to the folks residing in Gurgaon... do pour in your inputs and feedback about residing in Gurgaon!
Or if possible, an earnest request to please forward the relevant ads appearing in the Classifieds page of your local daily :)
Thanks a bunch en avance :))

Today the grind begins! Yippee!!
Tc folks!

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 1:20 AM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home