kc The drudgeries of life: Home Sweet Home! The drudgeries of life: Home Sweet Home!

The drudgeries of life

Friday, April 30, 2010

Home Sweet Home!


It's been 8 years since I spent more than 1 month at a stretch at "Fantasia"...
But be it the minimum of 2 days for which I visited in September 2007 (Sweety's b'day surprise :)), or the maximum of 30 days for which I stayed in the summer of 2003, every visit home has been awesome!

Way back in 2002 when I was leaving C-67, Gayatri Nagar, Raipur for good, I was this timid youngster who was sure he wouldn't survive a day out in the cruel world... I vowed to return home whenever I got the chance, be it for a month, a day or even if for a few hours... the homesickness haunted me for 2 whole months back then!
How things change, mentality most of all :|
Now, 8 years later, I'm so friggin' used to surviving in the crazy outside world that I hardly find time to return home...
I definitely love being back with the three constants in my life, my parents and my sister, and staying at the place where I grew up... but there is a certain fear of the return to innocence... given that it's me, I'd likely get stuck in a time warp... short and sweet visits home are awesome, just that they're too short :(

About to conclude yet another lovely reunion with Mumma, Dada, and Sweety! Loved it totally...
In this world when everything's moving so fast, where feelings are evanescent, relationships are screwed up, everyone seems artificial and selfish, all that matters happens to be materialistic, there is just one life-support system: Family.
Glad to have the bestest family in the whole wide world! :*

Time to get back to the rat race now... :P

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 11:07 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home