kc The drudgeries of life: Metro-life! The drudgeries of life: Metro-life!

The drudgeries of life

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Metro-life!

Life has been good for a while, contrary to what I had expected and feared...
Insecurities, I tell you, are a bane! A smile comes to my face whenever I recollect the song's title when Greenday's singing "Time of your life" 3:)

There's something awesome about days starting and ending with the Delhi Metro... looks like this week is supposed to be that way :))
Sunday was the day for the grand reunion at my place... I was jittery though I knew that I'd do justice to my role of the host! It was quite a wonderful day!

Each of the weekdays saw me getting addicted slowly by slowly to the Metro... I got myself a smart card, and  thanks to someone making me wait for a long time each evening, I've started enjoying long trips on my own to the far end of Delhi while waiting! And then you blame me for being late :p
Simply love the fact that Chandni Chowk is just an hour away these days... yesterday's visit to Old Dilli was a breath of fresh air! 

Last minute plans work out well, I guess... today evening, for instance! 
Again covered a major portion of the stretch till CP aboard the metro, before hitting MG Road... the rain added to the pleasantness of the evening!
And thank God for sweet-tooth-edness! First a huuge soft serve cuppa at McD, then a couple of pastries at Bisque, then a couple of cones at Baskin Robbins (my Choco Brownie was much better :p)! As the Mask would hiss, "Somebody stop us"!
Checked out "The Chowk" at MGF Metropolitan... nice ambiance, yummy food, but pathetic service!
Never expected that we'd get a metro at as late as 11:30 PM... but we did! Respect \m/
The meager amount of driving I do these days added to the awesomeness of the late night bike ride.. hated wriggling through those gulli-nukkads though... had you listened to me, you'd have been living in a much better locality! :s

2  weeks more... 3 max! 
Time definitely does some listening... it seems to have speeded up on my request!
Good night :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 1:38 AM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

my bavarian chocolate ws d winner ;)

9/09/2010 10:50 PM  

there's no competition... plus choco brownie with waffle cone is a winner, hands down! ;)

9/11/2010 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home