kc The drudgeries of life: Know Naresh... The drudgeries of life: Know Naresh...

The drudgeries of life

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Know Naresh...

I should've posted this earlier but circumstances made sure that I had no access to the net...
On Easter Sunday morning last weekend, of all days, I received the most shocking news ever. And since then, numbness has prevailed.
Naresh Kodithala aka Kinggg aka Top Phodu aka Bakar Baaz was no more...
Freak accidents are heard of, but I could not believe what Naresss might've gone through in his last moments...
And till the moment I saw him at Kukatpally, I was convincing myself that it was a bad bad joke.
Looking down at his mute bruised face from his own rooftop, I prayed and cried that he'd stir a bit, move a muscle, open his eyes and smile up at us idiots who he had fooled... but that was not to happen. Not everything that happens in April is a April Fool's Joke.
A mass reunion was planned in this South Indian city, but not this way... even met Shikha, our unofficial DAIICT buddy. And when I had included Naresh in the reunion lists for Mumbai and this city, and he had been so happy, never ever had I imagined that this would be the nature of our meetup... the last... :'(

This post is for a friend, one of my closest buddies, a partner in crime since ages, a confidant, a fellow bakarbaaz, a lover of pathetic !dea and Katrina Kaif; a mentor of sorts to me who showed the way to follow, be it in college, before and in MBA, and in life; one of the best people I've ever known, a special someone whose sudden departure has ensured a crazy void in life... a person whose absence shall be felt for a long long time...
Naresh Kodithala, I shall miss you always! Hope you're resting in peace, my man... Miss you!

Labels:

posted by Smartalec at 7:39 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home