kc The drudgeries of life: The Dream Trip: A Flashback The drudgeries of life: The Dream Trip: A Flashback

The drudgeries of life

Friday, August 28, 2009

The Dream Trip: A Flashback

Well it's about 5 AM on a pleasant August day and I'm starving!
It took just one day after our recently concluded 2 weeks long marathon vacation for the bad habits (nightouts, crazy routine et al) to set in again. Alas! This once I had no stock of midnight snacks :(

The hostel room I live in has been in a messy condition for the past 5 days... clothes strewn about everywhere; packed bags lying unopened on the floor; dusty books lying neglected since time immemorial!
I rummaged through my rucksack that had served as a faithful companion during those 14 days in the hope of finding something to munch on. Viola! I found much more...

Numerous crumpled recipts, a few visiting cards, a tattered map of Leh, our itirenary, a couple of To-Do lists, an empty bottle of sunscreen, a tube of vaseline, a pen drive containing about 1500 of the 2000 odd pics clicked on the trip, et al.
Most importantly, I discovered my diary, 14 huge pages of which bear witness to 14 perfectly awesome days in the lives of 6 dudes!



As I munch on the yummy Aam Papad I found in the bag (Sid, please don't kill me when you read this :p), I flip through the 14 pages and try to relive a dream that had materialized :)

Read on...

P.S.: An earnest Request - If you liked this post, please share it on
any of your social media networks using the following button which
appears at the end of the post:

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 5:23 AM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Waiting for more on the awesome ness of the best trip :)

1/06/2010 3:12 AM  

oh somalia bhi hai yahaan....sahi hai...

1/06/2010 4:08 AM  

n yeh Steve......Poora aampapad kha gaya....Bhukhad.......

1/06/2010 4:09 AM  

@Randheer
Welcome welcome!
Aye aye, sir! One post a day ;)

@Manish
Haan Somalia bhi hai! Only Rusti is missing... and now that everyone else is here, I am sure it wont take long for him to follow the group :P
Yaar blog likhte waqt I was feeling hungry, so Aampapad came to the rescue *yummy*

1/06/2010 5:57 AM  

Well, U guys remind me Leh.. :)
Very well write up..

Thanks for sharing..
it would b really helpful for people who going to travel..

Good work again..

Regards.
Amar patel
www.amarphotography.in

2/16/2010 3:06 PM  

Hi Amar,

Thanks a lot! Glad you liked it!

Your pictures on fickr are brilliant... I was spellbound!

And the effect you've added on the main page of your website is too good! B)
Waiting to browse through http://www.amarphotography.in/ :)

Cheers,
Steve

2/17/2010 1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home