kc The drudgeries of life: Out of the blue The drudgeries of life: Out of the blue

The drudgeries of life

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Out of the blue

I hadn't planned to post for a long time, but I guess I couldn't stay away.
I've been very busy... busy studying (or atleast pretending to do that), busy filling up countless forms (Oh! The amount of money I've invested (euphemistically speaking)), busy at work, busy with training sessions... did I mention studies?!
The month of October came and went in a jiffy... if it weren't for some days and some events, I wouldn't have believed that the month actually happened!
One thing I can't stop gushing about is that I celebrated my 23rd birthday in style. So much for missing the birthdays celebrated at college or back at home. Also, the qualms about old age setting in were forgotten for once... I didn't get time to bother about anything at all. Festivities started off with the arrival of 2 packages - one containing a totally unexpected and beautiful gift and a enlightening (ahem:p) card from someone who is globe-trotting, and another one loaded with goodies, letters and cards from the parents and my li'l sis - and the excitement didn't seem to die down after that!
A grand surprise from my colleagues at work was the clincher. Imagine blowing out a candle and cutting a huge black-forrest cake while a 30-odd people strong crowd is singing and cheering on :D And then the cake-smearing ceremony *ewwwww* Got to admit thought that never has my face looked so fair :p Finally, the dudes let their feet speak when they kicked the living daylights out of me *ouch* Little do they know that I shall have my revenge :p Then the gift and A-rated card from the teammates!
Didn't do one penny's worth of work the entire day, that day. Got calls from numerous people, relatives, friends, etc. Talked to people I haven't spoken to in ages, so thank God for birthdays!
The evening was fun... the gang of us 6 roommates at one of our usual hangouts on such occasions, feating on good food, raising a toast with a glass of Antiquity (sorry Mom!) and having a wonderful time.

The hangover the next day was inevitable... no, the drinks weren't responsible... the previous day left me on a high, and everything returning to normalcy abruptly probably depressed me :p Yeh dil maange more!
Anyway, I'd like to express my heartfelt thanks to everyone who made that day so special, and who unwittingly make this world such a beautiful place to live in! Love you all :D

I don't know when I'll post next but I'll try to make it in the near future. Hang in there, people! Keep posting!

Labels: , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 6:42 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

11/05/2007 1:34 AM  

may the good times be with you forever - birthday after birthday :)

u sure had a blast n btw, consider posting something abt the a-rated card - lemme just see how creative ppl got ;-)

11/05/2007 10:13 AM  

Ohh I missed it... Anyways belated happy birthday :)

11/05/2007 11:06 AM  

buDhDha ho gaya :p

11/05/2007 10:40 PM  

awesome dude! glad to hear u had such a lovely time! :)

11/10/2007 6:03 AM  

good on ya mate!a day well spent i see.And u defly deserve it :)

11/11/2007 6:18 PM  

happy steve! :)

12/12/2007 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home