kc The drudgeries of life The drudgeries of life

The drudgeries of life

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I get the feeling I have the writer's block; but on second thought, I feel that I have such a lot to write about that I cannot seem to make up my mind as to what should the subject of my post be.
The past two weeks have been crazy! Everything was normal, by my standards, when the month of October began... ever since, nothing has been. And I thought that I had had enough of action for a long time!

Someone is not going to be with me for one whole month. I knew that for a long time but the attitude of living for the moment made me push that fact to the recesses of my mind. Just one month... big deal! Only on the night before the inevitable farewell did I realize how big a deal it was. If only I could have frozen those moments in time... Sigh! I couldn't let go... not that I was ever good at it. Oh well! The phone calls would have to suffice! Eagerly waiting for the 5th of November... and for you :)

As if one separation isn't enough, there was a second one. Life is deja vu over and over. Gone are the days when I could blame it on the dreams and get away with it! This time it is someone from far far away, someone I have never met yet who I hold very dear, going farther away for a month. The void is palpable, more so because of the abrupt change... abrupt even though I saw it coming... abrupt because I, for one, have the bad habit of taking things for granted... abrupt because of the last week frenzy and the consequent lull. Nothing makes sense, and I don't want it to. What matters is that it was and is beautiful and cherished, and shall remain like that *touch wood* This one is for you, silly kiddo :p

How true that you don't realize someone's true worth, how much that person means to you, until you get separated from them, even if for a short time.
Just when I thought that I could do with plenty of work, it has all slowed down to a trickle. Everyone else who i could chill out with is busy as hell, so there goes the idea of hanging out. Where do all the distractions vanish when you need them?! Damn you, Murphy :x

As of now, I've modified my routine to suit the present conditions. Hit the sack before 11 and get up at 5:30 AM. Unbelievable? Tell me about it. Just two days into it and I feel good... keeping my fingers crossed that I adhere to the sketchy timetable that I prepared for the next 5 weeks. Planning to take the entrance exams of all the b-schools... never was the desire to move on and do something worthwhile stronger!
Talking to old friends feels so good... I'm so looking forward to a reunion on a grand scale! What say, people, to one whole day of, among other things, unadultrated bakar and nostalgia to get drowned in?

See you around, folks! Keep your blogs, if not me, posted :p

Labels: , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 12:42 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

9 Comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

10/16/2007 7:48 PM  

aaahhh....so nice to see this lovely post! ur so right steve, about not realizing someones worth until we turn around and they r not there! but maybe thats what makes them so special in the first place. :) i really do love ur posts, becuase u write so free and natural, and express urself perfectly. keep 'em coming! ;)

10/17/2007 6:59 AM  

whoa!!!!talk about nostalgia!!dude....i think the best thing about someone going into the land of far far away is the time wen they come back!thats moment is wat makes up for all that wait.keep writing!!tc!
P.S.Doesnt harm u considering u have "some time" on hand to comment on MY blog!!!!:)

10/17/2007 7:15 AM  

as always, thr r only girls on this blog! :P
Anyway, bro, u wakin up at 530? :O know wht?! of late, i have started to sleep at tht time... mba is taxin, bro! waise, i am game for the reunion, to get drowned in unlimited nostalgia... feels like it has been eternity :|

chalo, keep posting!

10/17/2007 10:05 AM  

these days i don't have much to say.....
liked post...keep posting.

10/17/2007 2:45 PM  

we wont tok about

the one which should not be named

the

you-know-what

and 5th nov???

10/18/2007 3:08 PM  

@dc
silly girl, never can i say it better than you... :)

@jen
thanks jen!! with ur encouragement and just to get such great reviews from u, i should strive to post regularly ;)

@apu
yeah the reunion is the best part! rejuventates the relationships too!
i'll be at ur blog, kiddo! been so occupied!
u too tc!

@naresh
what can i do? nothing keeps them away! shooo :p
i'm so longing to get back to that life for 2 years man! nightouts, tension and still lots of fun n frolic! *fingers crossed*

@gee
wow! maun-vrat?! thanks gee! i'm honored that u let those words escape for me ;)!

@desh
nope, i didnt confuse the 18th n the 18th :) but now that it has come to my attention, i gotta buck up :p

10/18/2007 10:12 PM  

sniff sniff... we all are waiting for nov 5th. teri khushi main hamari khushi hain bwaahaaahaa :'(

Ailaa people and their reservations :p

10/19/2007 4:43 AM  

*Eyes wide open!*

Same pinch!!

Dude i swear times cant get any worse than now. I just made a post on it myself. Sighh...

You take care man, and good luck wid the new routine. Been tryin to get into one myself, but aargh!

P.S. The word verification's showing me "ibgun". I can actually here life's cackle...hmph!

10/19/2007 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home