kc The drudgeries of life: Flat tyre, cancelled "date", screwed up preparations... The drudgeries of life: Flat tyre, cancelled "date", screwed up preparations...

The drudgeries of life

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Flat tyre, cancelled "date", screwed up preparations...

I bet my frustration is evident from the title! Well I would've loved to have appended "... yet everything working out fine!" but it would've seemed cluttered up! Anyway happy endings should be reserved for the last!

The day I set my eyes on the half dug-up road in front of my society, I knew it won't be long before my bike is at the receiving end! As the days progressed, what remained of the Balewadi road was engulfed in a sea of pointed stones! Yikes! Anyway, maneuvering my bike through that path while ensuring minimum damage became a routine. Anyway it seemed to work perfectly until yesterday night! Got a call from a friend for a post-dinner icecream and called it a date! Left for a late dinner and felt a slight wobble in the middle of nowhere... a quick check confirmed the fact that my worst fear had come true!
Ok! Time for a reality check! It was 10 PM, I was on a road which can boast of just a couple of neat restaurants, I had no idea whether there was a vehicle repair shop in the neighbourhood, and I was stranded with a damn heavy bike to drag for God only knows how long and how far! For the first time I realized that sleek though it was, my bike was heavy, very heavy! As my friend later pointed it out, no one actually considers the weight of the bike as a USP when making up his mind on which one to go in for... one should be aware of the fact that they will at some point of time be faced with a flat tyre and will have to drag their cherished 2-wheeler! R.I.P.
Resignedly, I dragged my black beauty (which had lost some of its appeal in the last 10 minutes) to the my favorite dinner haunt! Met an old pal after ages and decided to drop off the bike at his place, which was nearby, and to get the puncture repaired the next day!
By sheer luck, discovered a partly hidden shop which repaired vehicles 24/7! Turns out a 2.5 Inch nail had ravaged the tube of my rear wheel and no chance of fixing those numerous little holes that dotted the rubber texture! Looks like all my good luck was in store for just this day, and the shop fella had a brand new tube, his last piece! So shelled out 2 Cs and was on my way, thanking God for all the miracles which never cease to happen:D
Anyway, that's that! Missed the icecream and felt bad about that, lost my apetite and all, depressed a pal who had called after a tiring day of her dance practise, but the way lots of other things worked out made me feel happy!

At the end of the day, was lying on my bed monitoring my progress in the CAT preparation front and was amazed to find that the only thing I had achieved till now was mastering a couple of tongue twisters! Sheesh! But these were really cool... will post about them next! As for the sorry state of affairs on the prep front, I was too happy to give a damn:D

Labels: , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 5:47 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

shesh what an eventful day

btw i blog rolled you...hope you donot mind...moreover check my blog for tag questions!i tagged you!:D

5/02/2007 10:57 PM  

gawk! must've been a shitty day!
saorry to hear bout the date :P
lol!!

peace & love
JeeVY

5/03/2007 8:29 AM  

ahh!..dug up roads..dont i know?
and btw all de best for ur CAT preps.

5/04/2007 2:41 PM  

this is indian roads,,,, ride slowly .. to reach home ...somebody is waiting.....ohhh visit my blog

5/04/2007 5:47 PM  

@phoenix
yep! one helluva day:D
thanks! i have u on my list too:)

@rajeev
made up for the missed date;)

@herenow
yeah! the same ol' story!
thanks a bunch:) only luck can save me!

@raghu
hehe! got the message:D!
thanks for visiting!

5/04/2007 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home