kc The drudgeries of life: This, that The drudgeries of life: This, that

The drudgeries of life

Saturday, March 24, 2007

This, that

Even though I've attained mastery in the activity, just the other day I realized that real pleasure is found not in devouring a bar of chocolate or an icecream but in licking off what remains of it on the wrapper or cup! Messy and disgusting... well, yes! Sure to draw unwanted attention... yes! But why should I compromise on something which gives me a feeling of satisfaction just to please a bunch of people who I'm sure when left to themselves and given some privacy would love to do exactly that?! That's me for you!
Wrong I maybe in my reasoning but I hate the fact that most of the time, the things that we do or say are governed by what others will have to say, or how others will react! It holds true for many people, me included! All the time we're bothered about how it will affect our relationship with others!
Talking of relationships, I'm astonished at the complexity of some! Friendship, for instance, has much more to it than meets the eye! Friends hold a lot of power... at their own whim, they can make you laugh and cry, they can give you the "Life is awesome" feeling or they can do things which depress you like anything, they can make everything else in life seem worthless except their invaluable friendship, or the things they do can make life itself seem worthless, they can give you a chance to be yourself while trying to rectify your flaws, or, on the other hand, they can turn a blind eye to your shortcomings, accepting you as you are! Talk of omnipotent beings... they can make you or break you, so as to speak!
Speaking for myself, I'm glad to have such great friends... I'm not sure everyone holds the same opinion for me, but not everyone is perfect! To all my pals, be it people from the virtual world, my colleagues, my ex-classmates and ex-batchmates, thanks for everything fellas, and ladies;)! I'm feeling so good these days that I can bet I've been unwittingly strutting and dancing on the streets:D!
So many things are on my mind, and I so would love to type them all out! But I still can't decide what to and what not to...
India's miserable loss to the Lankans yesterday left me in no doubt that these louts in blue just don't deserve to move on to the Super Eights! So, if anyone who's hoping for the defeat of Bangladesh to Bermuda, get real! Don't how humiliating a loss they'll suffer if they face the other big, bad teams!
Take care ye all! Happy weekend!

Labels: ,

posted by Smartalec at 7:41 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

What you have told about friends is very true. I have done so many things just to impress friends and be in their good books. They sort of control our feelings and our actions to a large extent.

Lucky that you got a great bunch of friends!

3/25/2007 3:23 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

3/26/2007 12:32 PM  

hehe..the person u feel will mind has moved from being committed to single :P

3/28/2007 9:38 AM  

i was expecting the last drop of mountain dew too steve :)...
just to caution u, this blog is turning into moron-gospel part-2, just tht u tokin bout frndship which makes much bttr but slightly less curiosity-awakening than its parent than Dhari's one.
And who are we tokin bout movin from committed-single etc. clarify...

3/28/2007 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home