kc The drudgeries of life: Different Strokes The drudgeries of life: Different Strokes

The drudgeries of life

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Different Strokes

Not long ago I was this carefree guy with not a bother in this world. Managing work and fun was so damn easy then! So, everyone around me used to snigger at the mention of the name of the department I work in saying, "Testing guys have no work! You're getting paid to enjoy your life!". Ahem! Not totally true! I did have work, just that I had the knack of finishing it off pretty fast. People used to marvel watching me devour tomes in not more than a couple of days... yet another excuse for jealous folks to be sarcastic! As if I cared... instead I felt sorry for pals who had to work really late into the night, or who visited the office even on weekends! I felt smug, never expecting anything of that sort happening to me! How wrong I was!

All of a sudden I've landed such a lot of work that I still feel it's a bad dream, a nightmare even! Ok, the application that I have to learn is really neat, it has lots of scope, it involves a lot of interaction with the clients, development team and onsite coordinators! Fine! But it all happened so suddenly as if everyone was just praying for something os this sort to happen to me! LoL! Paranoia? May be! Could even be my dormant sixth sense!

Now I know what being emotionally drained-out feels like! Now I know how missing out on cherished activities hits you! How depressing walking out of the office and finding darkness all around is! How addicted one can become to coffee... 7 cups, and just the smell of it when I was filling up my mug for the 8th round wanted to make me puke! Yucky!

Well, the good news is that my habit of winding things up fast has seen to it that 5 miserable days are all I have to put up with, and the trauma gets over on Friday! Then, like they say, "Good times will be here again"!

Another thing... got a 659 page document in the mail yesterday titled "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows"! What say, Harry Potter fans? Is it the real thing? Well, I couldn't wait for replies, so I've started reading it! One thing is for sure, the writing style is just like JKR, the flow is smooth and you get the feel you're reading one of the books in the HP series! If it is a spoof, the author deserves kudos for pulling it off so brilliantly! Just one thing though... this is not kiddie stuff any longer... not with push-up bras, boobs, plunging necklines, a plethora of smooches, etc! Harry Potter has surely come of age :D! Anyway, the news that everyone's dying to hear... whether Harry survives the confrontation with Voldemort... well, now I know the answer to that... according to this version atleast! Won't spoil the fun by revealing it here, but if you're curious, do let me know :)

Labels: , ,

posted by Smartalec at 8:09 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

4/18/2007 11:23 PM  

wonder Y i dnt enjoy HP so much..is ur HP-hater-laser pointing on me now?

4/18/2007 11:23 PM  

even nihar readin it...i thnk i shudnt b read...it spoils th fun overall
n work, man i ahve lived with lots of it for th bttr part of my workin career, n to tell u its damn stupid to work wht we working with
n to go back home n here raja mishra is all i want thn :P

4/19/2007 10:59 AM  

hey! mail it to me, I want to read it! genuine or fake i dont care. :)

4/19/2007 6:56 PM  

loved your style this is my 1st visit here and definately not my last....do mail me the harry potter book too..:D

4/19/2007 10:01 PM  

@dc
i shud've known! nothing vanishes like that...*poof* and i have more work:(

@malvika
hey! everyone has their choices! but how can you NOT like harry potter:p?!

@desi
it's the real thing, man! copied from jkr's notes!
u're telling me! u MT guys worked a lot! when will we get out of here and into some nice b-school?!
raja?! lol! u said it! we have such a mast time at home, with all that bakar! feel so relaxed;)

@sur
mailed it...

@raka
thank you:)
mailed u the book...

4/23/2007 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home