kc The drudgeries of life: Of miracles The drudgeries of life: Of miracles

The drudgeries of life

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Of miracles

The place where I live, Prakrtii Apartments, Pune, has a horde of kids... and very cute, lively and chubby little ones at that too :) Just the sight of them running around all over the show, bursting with energy, screaming and yelling, makes me feel old! On top of that, just because they've seen me chatting with their parents, and also I'm quite tall, they think I'm Uncle Steve... sheesh! The first time I heard that 5-letter word appended to my name, I swear I rushed home and messed up my hair searching for any stray strand of white hair :D! But that was way back in standard eighth. Ahem. Anyway experiences come in handy. A harmless landslide doesn't take much time to evolve into an avalanche, but the former does prepare you for what's in the waiting :)
Despite this aging process, I take immense pleasure in one fact...grow up in body, we might, but deep down inside, we're still a bunch of kids. And I realize this every now and then, thanks to all the grown-up kids mooching all over the place. Not really the return to innocence, but still. Invention of antics ceases to amaze me.
All said and done, it felt great to watch the excitement with which everyone of us looked forward to watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. People literally kept screaming out the names of the characters, the magical creatures, etc. Potter mania is surely in the air. Things will only intensify with the release of the seventh book in the series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows next week. Oh how I wish it has something different to offer from what we've already read in the alleged spoof.

As if 5 days in front of the comp ain't enough, I seem to visit the cyber cafe on weekends too. Though I convince myself that the motive for the visit is different from what it might seem to be, I hardly believe myself. Whatever.

Another week has gone by, and boy! Is time moving fast or what! In for loads of work so cya when I cya.

Labels: , ,

posted by Smartalec at 6:43 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

10 Comments:

Cant agree more man... V have hibernated 4m the out-of-teens to below 30 category now i guess! n thtz y the five letter word is bng hurled up on us, of late :P

Anyway, nice post Uncle... :P

7/15/2007 11:31 PM  

hey uncle steve...;) lovely post,yeah, deep inside theres still a little kid in each of us...altho not everyone lets them out to play as often as they should! but somehow...i have a feeling u do! :)

7/16/2007 7:32 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

7/16/2007 10:44 AM  

Uncle Desi writes:
yep i9 saw those kids too when I was at ur place, its surely a lot of fun playin with them, brings back good ol memories and thnks for makin us realise tht we are UNCLES nw :)

btw i have covered all of harry potter just in a month n nw waitin for th last one too ;)

7/16/2007 1:39 PM  

someone called u uncle in std. 8th! hee hee! many times even now ppl mistake me for a school kid , so some one callin me an aunty actually comes as a big relief! :D
It better be diff. from the spoof, I am missing a trek b'coz of the release, want to read the book before anyone spoils the fun!

7/16/2007 1:48 PM  

hi, check this out and give me your reviews..

thanks in advance.

http://indiarail.info

7/16/2007 6:27 PM  

i have read that two sisters have lined upinfront of a bookstore, 11 days bfore the release of the 7th potter book, just to become to first ones to lay hands on it. Some mania!!
and btw uncle steve sounds nice..:P

7/16/2007 7:36 PM  

*rofl*
they called u uncle in 8th!?
whoa! heheh!
Uncle steve..hmm..sounds good! :P
hehehe! jk!

peace & love
Jeevy

7/17/2007 12:31 PM  

@ sur aunty (callign u an aunty is a relief, you said! :p)
are u actually dat crazy abt Potter stuff to miss a trek .. whoa!

@nipps.. nicely nipped write-up btwn you n me on this blog :D

Regards
Abhi

Test Drive your Adsense
Face of broadband in India

7/23/2007 12:12 PM  

uncle!!!!!hahaha...gosh u grew up a long long time ago:P...so how did u find HP and OOTP??read the book??i did immediately the day after i landed bak in melb...was good..tho the last part was a bit too much...wont discuss much unless uve read!!chal then tc..uncle steve:P(actually sounds good :D)

7/26/2007 7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home