kc The drudgeries of life: Accident prone The drudgeries of life: Accident prone

The drudgeries of life

Friday, May 25, 2007

Accident prone

So it finally happened!
It was bound to happen sometime or the other but didn't expect it exactly one year after the last one!
That time it was Amod's new Pulsar, this time round it was mine!
Last time the speed at which it happened was 50 kmph... this time round, a measly 10 kmph! How embarrassing!
If I had Rishabh sitting behind me then, Varun was the unlucky passenger yesterday!
Both times, the fall was lucky in that we didn't have any vehicles tailing us, or else we were goners for sure!
Still have a big scar from that accident... all I took home yesterday was a scraped up palm! And oh yeah! Varun ended up with a small gash on his butt :p (but then it was so small that he realized it only after we reached home, so...)
The best part is that not a single scratch mark could be found on the vehicle, and you can be sure I scanned it thoroughly!
But I guess I'm jolted back to reality and I'll be playing Mr. careful for some time!
Luckily, I can still play the guitar, workout and do all the things I did before the incident! Just that setting my hair is a painful affair now! Ouch!!

And today in a badminton game, I smashed my heavy duty racquet into the head of my poor partner... both of us went for the shot at the same time and WHAM! He was down! Not that I'm boasting but I put every bit of my muscle power into the shot and it must've hurt bad! Luckily, he escaped with just a big fat bump on his head! Sorry mate!

Some end to a busy week! Planning to watch Shootout at Lokhandwala, and indulge in loads of bakar tomorrow and the day after! Happy weekend everyone!

Labels: , ,

posted by Smartalec at 8:22 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

8 Comments:

hey feeling ok now???reading ur psot i feel like saying *young guys nowdays ride so rashly ..one of these days the ll get killed whoever gave them bikes..* heheh lol!i am glad things are ok now....

ahahahah...whammed your friend?heard of hammering the cork in badminton not friends....lol!

have a nice week ahead
take care

5/27/2007 10:32 PM  

awwww...feeling better i hope!!

5/28/2007 12:25 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

5/28/2007 5:49 PM  

You have done it again and this time in style!! Man, as I said earlier, we're "humble down-to-earth" bikers!! Recently I had an accident at speed of 20 on a "sandy" turning. I had to go for dressing 5 times. Imagine, it is so embarassing when people ask how fast were you when you had this accident? And when I reply "20", the other person chuckles. In your case it is even worse.

5/28/2007 5:55 PM  

glad to hear that u guys and ur bike r ok! :) hope u enjoyed the wknd.

5/29/2007 4:39 AM  

He he he he he he he... muscle man steve fell down from a bike moving at 10Kmph :P temme frankly, which chick were u watching?! ;)

Hope u r back to ur fittest self now...

Bloody, u hit tht guy wid all ur muscle power?! had it been me at the rcvng end, my skull wud have opened up... Macho man Steve...

Howz life mate?! long time...

5/29/2007 11:15 AM  

uh-oh!! slow biking can be dangerous too :D!
and ur poor partner! saaad!!!
kabhi suna toh nahi ki pyar main log accident prone ho jate hai! but looks like its happening with u! :P

5/30/2007 10:37 AM  

@phoenix
hehe! never felt better, mate! and you do sound like mom:p
well i defy all rules when i take up a game :D! the sad part is that guy was a total stranger! poor chap had to partner me of all people... just his luck!

@gee
as good as new! wanna join me for a game of baddy:p?!

@amod
lol! down to earth drivers eh? that's one way of putting it!
yeah crashing at such low speeds is despicable! i've been advised never to drive slow henceforth!

@jen
yep everyone and everything involved is fine! weekend as usual was fun! 2 movies, shopping, u get the drift ;)

@naresh
your highness! been a long long time! i'm honored that u showed up:p
sadly i wasnt watching a gal just that once when i crashed! from now on, i shall not take my eyes of the ladies!
that guy i hit had nice fluffy hair so that dulled the blow i guess! else he was a goner!

@sur
ahem! i dont know what you're talking abt:p

5/30/2007 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home