kc The drudgeries of life: Guten Tag - 8 random facts/habits The drudgeries of life: Guten Tag - 8 random facts/habits

The drudgeries of life

Friday, June 29, 2007

Guten Tag - 8 random facts/habits

Yes, you read it right! It's another tag and I need to enlighten you with 8 assorted (ok, this I added just for flavor) traits of mine.
This tag I received from Sur, someone who has known me for over a decade... someone who, I thought, of all people knew that I am an open book. Well her passing on the baton to me seems to suggest otherwise :p Anyway, here goes nothing:

My most cherished activity is working out. Period. Ok, there are many other things that I love doing but nothing comes close to sweating it out at the gym. No, I don't aspire to be like Ronnie Coleman or Arnie, but yes I yearn to be fit and fine.
The passion was ignited with dad's being behind my back all the time with dumbbells, push-ups, etc. (I was really thin at one time... my pants rather than falling off used to climb up above my navel! Damn embarrassing it was at that time but now I look back at those times and laugh myself crazy :) ) The craze caught steam at college... never looked back since! Agreed that I was just average at studies during my 4 years at college, but if someone asks me whether I did anything worthwhile at college, I'd surely talk about gymming!
I still follow a strict regimen at the sexy company gym under the guidance of able instructors and boy! Lethargic though I feel before entering the gym, I feel like a new person every time I walk out! Timing again has been perfect... don't know how much time people find for themselves this way when they're committed (to work or otherwise :D)
Just one point down and seems like I've typed out pages of History :O

I'm highly nostalgic and it doesn't take much to trigger off my reminiscing the good ol' days. I find it difficult, impossible at times, to let go of the past. I enjoy the company of nostalgic folks and I take great pleasure it taking a long walk down memory lane with them. Old clothes, books, cards, smses, mails, even scraps of paper from the school days, try as I may, I just can't dispose of them. I love writing in my diary (something that I've been sticking to assiduously this year) and my favorite timepass, when spending a day at home, is reading old entires. I'm one helluva nostalgia freak, people. Anyone joining the bandwagon?

I have a sweet tooth. Nah make that a sweet jaw (something that I realized when chatting with a friend)! Dessert is the part of any meal which I eagerly and impatiently look forward to. Be it chocolates, cookies, cakes, pastries, icecreams, sweet curd, sweets of any kind, I always have room for more! Disparaging remarks like Piiiiiiiiig will have no effect, I'm sorry to say! The funny part is that since my childhood, I relish such stuff and rather than gobbling everything down at one go, I nibble at it for ages and ages... something that I believed would make the delicacy last forever. Also, I hate sharing my dessert or sweet dish or chocolates with people (save for a select few)... a fact which some unfortunate souls realized the hard way!

Addictions and I get along very well. At any point of time, I'm bound to be addicted to something or the other. None of these addictions is life-threatening, and none will be responsible for any terminal illness that I might be diagnosed with later in life, but from what I had heard, my ex-addiction of consuming pack after pack of Polo could've lead to impotency! So yes, I manage to get rid of addictions pretty fast depending on how adversely they might affect my well-being.

I flirt excessively! Ahem that might've sounded like a confession, someone crying out for forgiveness even! But hell no, I'm just stating another one of my quirks. Be it at office, on the campus, at the canteen, at the society, over the phone, via smses or mails, while chatting, you can catch me in the act! I was this shy, simple, silent, studious guy back at school who spoke to a handful of girls (ask Sur, or any classmate of mine for that matter)... I have no idea when or how this change came to happen, but seems to be suiting me fine :p

I have a very bad memory... worse than a RAM it is! I forget names in a jiffy; I meet loads of people every week, and the moment I shake their hand and let go of it, my brain is done remembering their name (well the retention power works slightly better when it comes to remembering the name of ladies!) I see so many familiar faces each day, and I guess I miss a lot of them too (no wonder when I fail to acknowledge someone who's giving me a charming smile, the person scowls menacingly next time onwards... if I remember the countenance, that is)... I'm pretty much embarrassed to ask their names again because, well, I'm sure to forget it pronto! So I have this queer habit of jotting down names.
I never seem to remember dates either! Wonder how many friends and relatives are pissed off with me for having forgotten their birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Sighs

I love making a bakra out of people, especially my poor friends. No, not for deriving sadistic pleasure but for the sake of pure, unadultrated fun. Pulling someone's leg just for the heck of it is something that I became a pro at during the college years. I'm afraid that there is no particular time when I'm 100% serious... unless when I'm depressed as hell, ofcourse. I like laughing a lot and I always enjoy it when people around me are cheerful and happy too. That said, I can't stand being made the bakra... maybe I'm a sore loser, but if you made a fool of me, I'll plot and plan and see to it that you suffer much worse. How's that for a confession? So, better watch out on who you play your next prank on...

Last (Phew! I'm exhausted!), I value the people in my life a lot more than my life. My parents and sister are my best friends, and though I spend hardly a couple of weeks every year with them, I love them like hell! My friends... can't imagine life without them too. Good times or bad times, whether they've caused joy or sorrow, irrespective of whether they've hurt me or helped me rise from the dumps, the lot of my pals and buddies and chums will always be an asset. Relatives... despised many of them earlier but now I realize that I like, if not love, most of them too.


There, I'm done! Funny though that when I started typing out this post, I felt that there was nothing to be said... now I'm left with many more things that'll have to wait till I'm tagged again! Now the fun part... passing on the baton *rubbing hands in glee*! I pass on this tag to Gee, Desi, VK, Sarat, Naresh, Jen, Ankit and DC. Really looking forward to reading about you all, so don't disappoint :)

The rules are as follows:

1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
4. If you fail to do this within eight hours, you will not reach Third Series or attain your most precious goals for at least two more lifetimes

I'm too lazy to carry out point 3, and point 4 was not my idea but let it be just for the heck of it (some people might just get intimidated and reply fast:p)

A verbose me is off to enjoy a nice weekend. Happy weekend, all!

P.S. Will correct the typos (they're bound to be in dozens) later.

Labels: ,

posted by Smartalec at 9:41 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

11 Comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

6/29/2007 11:29 PM  

quite an entertaining post!:)

6/30/2007 3:30 PM  

I too love makin bakras out of my freenz! ;)
I guess we have one thing in common now! :)

peace & love
Jeevy

6/30/2007 10:55 PM  

Duuuuuuuude.... I tagged u n u tagged me?! :P

Anyway, makes a good read... btw, I too like making bakras out of ppl, the latest in my net have been kara n sagar das :P ll discuss over it all one fine day bro!

howz life?!

7/02/2007 12:19 PM  

glad that I tagged u, enjoyed reading the post! Steve at his verbose best!:P
and did u say 'open book'?! an open book with blurred text kya? ;)
yeah, ur gymming, flirtatious and leg pulling side is all thanks to ur hostel, I guess, far from the lanky, shy and studious guy u were in school. Quite a change, but for good! :)

7/02/2007 3:05 PM  

"I flirt excessively!"

What?

The only one you ever flirted with at School was Mandhar Pawar.

Dude, I can't wait to meet this metamorphosed Steve!

7/02/2007 3:21 PM  

and i am going to break rule last and number 3. no apologies..:P

7/02/2007 9:06 PM  

flirtatious
i never knew tht
anad everyone knws u nostalgic
got th same tag frm naresh too, will do it asap :)

7/03/2007 1:30 PM  

hmm, 8 facts abt you with 8 comments here..
Well, great to knwo abt you..
You must be a very fun loving person..

Be like that.
Take care

7/03/2007 5:24 PM  

ah ha u know i can't resist a tag! i always love reading ur posts because it makes me realize each time what a sweet good hearted person u r! :) ur awesome dear! hahaha, blushing? cheers!

7/04/2007 9:23 AM  

@dc
yeah i think i missed out on the weird stuff... maybe next time :p

@phoenix
really?! hehe thanks

@jeevy
yeah man! it's an honour to have something in common with the great author, rajeev;)

@naresh
lol lucky me:p
sure man! waiting to discuss things with ya... damn do i miss kara and sagar :D

@sur
seriously looks like i wrote a lot!
the change for good line did make me feel better :P now i can carry on with all of it!!

@debanshu
lol! now that u mention it, mandaar it was! i assure u it's the gals this time! some change no :P :P :P?!
we'll meet, man! been ages since that happened

@gee
go right ahead! i'm not gonna stop ya... i'm too scared:p

@desi
looking fwd to reading what u have to say ;)

@shruti
yeah i am :)
thanks for visiting despite my being such a laggard :)

@jen
yep! blushing i am :D
thanks so much!

7/05/2007 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home