kc The drudgeries of life: Whims and fancies The drudgeries of life: Whims and fancies

The drudgeries of life

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Whims and fancies

She's sure to have a not so good day if she doesn't hear my voice, or so she tells me. Hence, the one call (sometimes more) a day routine. I've so gone used to it that I can't imagine a day without hearing her voice either.
Enquire about what she wants more than anything, and she'll always have the same answer: "I want you to be here with me". And she's quite stubborn about it.
Ask her what she'd like for her birthday and she'll say, "I'd cherish your presence. Or maybe you can write to me... it's been a while since you've done that. No gifts. "
She has got to know about everything that goes on in my life, she has the right to nag me when she feels I've asked for it, and she loves threatening me every now and then that she'll fly down to Pune!
She'll worry herself sick when I'm out doing something which she feels is life-threatening... which is pretty much everything that I take up. Sighs!
Hard to count how many sleepless nights she has spent in the past 23 years thanks to me.
Very seldom has she been taken seriously but quite a few times her feelings have been hurt. (Damn, do I feel guilty or what!!)
The perfect mediator... till date, she has always stepped in between whenever it was called for.
Someone who has always motivated me (even if at times it meant indiscriminate comparison with others), she has been terribly upset at my failures and utterly joyous at my triumphs (though I haven't given her many reasons to rejoice), and she has been with me all along the way.
The thing that gives me the greatest pleasure is lying down with my head on her lap, and well just lying like that...
She has always had me amazed with her stamina, her managerial skills, her simplicity et al.
She recently turned 45 and is still the prettiest woman around (No I'm not biased, I tell you :))
I always have a feeling I love her and Dad both equally, but then I also have a feeling that I love her a tad bit more.
I might be up to my neck in work (so much so that I haven't been able to read The Deathly Hollows that I have in my posssession) but I seriously had to post this in her honor...
Mumma, can't imagine life without you! *Muaaaahhhh*

Labels: ,

posted by Smartalec at 2:54 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

9 Comments:

Made me smile,
It surely made me smile dude!!!
And i feel the same....and thats one reason i m sitting in this bloody heat in gurgaon...denying freedom refusing the youth exuberance(if there is any) to blossom...sitting back home .. having gheeful chapatis!!!
but i won this time...i wrote this post on mothers day(http://diwakarkaushik.wordpress.com/2007/05/14/hello-mrs-shakuntala-sharma/)...yippee there is smthing i did right on time...dint i ??
cheers mate!
mom rox

8/01/2007 1:13 PM  

That was so very chweet Stevie, wish her a happy b'day from my side!
This reminds me of an incident which happened btw our moms. It seems once after CAT aai happened to talk to aunty and aunty was like "Steve would only go to IIMs." And after that aai was like "tu bhi sirf IIMs jana"! :P Aunty sure has ways of influencing other ppl!
Heres wishing her all the best in her life!

8/02/2007 10:44 AM  

Wow... Such a lovely post, brother! Made me smile no end! Made me feel too nostalgic abt home n mom. Mother is undoubtedly the best thing in the world. I owe mine a lot, like v all do! :)

8/05/2007 12:50 AM  

awww such a sweet post..[:)]

8/05/2007 7:35 PM  

tho thweet!!by far the most "beautiful" post :)

8/06/2007 6:19 PM  

@dk
yes dk! i had read that awesome post of urs! got me very senti and homesick! and the justification you gave speaks volumes of how much we love our moms...
i envy u, man! bloody raipur doesn't have one decent company so i can forget the thought of working there... unless ofcourse i start a dhabha or something :p
moms definitely rock!!

@sur
thanks, buddy! yeah mom has her ways of influencing decisions of others :D! if it were not for her, i'd surely have no ambition in life!

@naresh
thanks, king! we definitely owe so much to our parents!
and i get the feeling i became more senti and homesick after reading the comments :D

@gee
:)

@aparna
thanks, pal!
and when are u resuming ur posts, o busy one?!

8/09/2007 8:55 PM  

beautiful! personally i think there is a very special relationship between mothers and sons....a lot of guys i know have also made similar statements about loving or feeling just a bit more close to their moms....its intersting to me, and very sweet...great post.. :)

8/11/2007 5:49 AM  

aww this is the sweetest post ever!*sniff* *snif* mezz the love it!!:)

8/17/2007 1:41 AM  

Oh I love my mom a lot too and missing her badly now!!

8/19/2007 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home