kc The drudgeries of life: Being different The drudgeries of life: Being different

The drudgeries of life

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Being different

Ok, I've been shortlisted for 8 Group Discussions so far, I have been called for 2 Personal Interviews (for 2 really awesome firms) and yet I'm unplaced. Big deal!

Not even 3 days since placements started and everyone's desperate to get placed... append "anywhere" and you know how desperate! But can't blame them!

Anyway, the placement scene is much better this time, over 170 of our awesome batch placed in less than 3 days! And some people can certainly afford to pick and choose... though not many are too keen to :s

Comparisons are being made; people are complaining and whinging about their "undeserving" 'friends' getting selected while they are left out in the cold; tensions are running high; shortlists are at times being criticized either as "long lists" or for being too damn short; half buried regrets are surfacing, or new ones are not getting buried at all!
That is the placement week for you :P Yet another reality check that life has to offer!

Oh well! I somehow am immune to all that's happening here... it's probably a disease! On second thoughts, it has probably got something to do with my upbringing (My family members are a bunch of optimists and "Everything happens for the best" believers :) )
And after getting an assurance from my parents that they're not worried at all, and it's fine with them if I wait for the right company rather than blindly opting for any damn company, I'm like totally happy!
Let's just hope the good companies keep showing up... sooner or later I'm sure to find an ideal match (pun intended :P)

And hey! I hate comparisons, but I noticed that I'm way to different from many of my friends! Wow!! A PoD (that's point of difference, for those ignorant about marketing concepts!)...

Finally, a recommendation: Do watch Rocket Singh: The Salesman of The Year... totally awesome movie, and a must watch for sales people and aspiring marketers! :)

Labels: , ,

posted by Smartalec at 4:11 AM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home