kc The drudgeries of life: Christmas of 2009 The drudgeries of life: Christmas of 2009

The drudgeries of life

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas of 2009

I never ever had imagined that there would be a day when I'd be spending Christmas away from home... it sucks :(

Christmas has always been a cherished festival... growing up listening to tales of Santa Claus (and believing in Him till a certain age); me and Sweety devouring the curl-curls, cakes and the rose cookies *yummy* that Mumma used to so painstakingly prepare; Dada's mastery at decorating the house, putting up the Star, preparing the awesome crib; the early morning Mass; the carols; rushing back home (or to the hotel) and gleefully opening presents; awesome food prepared by Dada and Mumma (or the kati kebabs at Nizam's in Calcutta)... Christmas used to be family time, either at home or at Calcutta!

Oh well! Times change... this Christmas was totally different. A small little Christmas tree that I decorated in my hostel room, midnight mass, walnut cake (nothing compared to Mumma's cakes) with friends, a few carols on Youtube, and that's about it :s Ho ho ho!

Anyway a few snaps of the things that cheered me up a bit :) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


The beautiful candles at Church

The top view of the beautiful crib at the Church (Dad, mail me a pic of the crib you made!)
Beautiful!

The neat little Christmas Tree I set up in my room (in the jungle of books!) :)

Labels: ,

posted by Smartalec at 2:18 AM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home