kc The drudgeries of life: Goodbye blue sky... again! The drudgeries of life: Goodbye blue sky... again!

The drudgeries of life

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Goodbye blue sky... again!

Whatta day!
Right now I'm carrying a friggin' heavy bag of mixed emotions (someone's apt version of mixed bag of emotions :D)
If I thought that yesterday was a tiring day, today was when I was drained out emotionally... just want my Mumma's lap more than anything else...
Everything happens for the best, they say... how come not most of what happened today was in sync with that!
Anyway, it's almost early morning and I'm replying to long and lovely personal emails that I received today... in this age of automated mails et al, how nice it feels to trade feelings and emotions on a one-on-one basis with people :)
Just sitting here at my laptop, so tired yet so sleepless, sooo nostalgic, with those salty water beads just pouring down my cheeks... I so hate myself at times... feeling like a well-blended mixture of a wuss and a crybaby :P

Reminiscing about the plethora of interviews that I've appeared for till date (despite my selective sign-ups!)
I loved some of the personalities who've interviewed me of late. These were interviews where you can tell that a person wants to know the real you... that the interviewer appreciates the fact that you're being yourself rather than giving you marks for parroting off something you read somewhere...

In one company that will always be close to my heart, the 2 ladies interviewing me quizzed me on my weakness. I frankly told them, "Ma'ms, I've realized that my biggest weakness is that I can't live with myself, a fact that my Mother knew before my realizing it!! I'm comfortable only when I'm with someone or in a group of friends, but when I'm alone I'm totally lost... the last 3 weeks have been a reality check of sorts."
The way they looked at me dumbstruck, then at each other, then their giggles, and then the selection for the 2nd round of interviews, I knew that my answer must've reeked of honesty :))

In the middle of another interview, the dude sitting across the desk asked me rather informally (informal considering his sexy designation in the awesome company), "Toh kabhi socha hai 5 saal baad kya kar rahe hoge life me?", and I, never the one to fake an answer, replied, "No sir... kaafi hazy sa hai... I just want to be happy and be doing something challenging...".
His awesome reply made me believe that genuine replies do strike a chord sometimes... :)

I firmly believe that bagging a job is all about portraying yourself truly, just like it should be in the case of searching for the perfect match... if some company, or person, accepts you for who you are, and vice versa, believe me there's no looking back... ;)
It's another matter that this stupid logic of mine kept me waiting for sooo long... but the wait is always worth it

Yesterday was bad... hope my mood swings haven't take a heavy toll *fingers crossed*
Busy day today... as are all days till the Sabbath! Lots and lots to do!
Just hope I manage to do all that I want to... Murphy be damned! :P
Planning to wind up my blog soon... no more diary too!
Enough already... time to move on...
Love you all :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 3:46 AM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Alright Dude,
I gotta ask: Are you pregnant by any chance?
What's with the mood swings!

4/21/2010 7:03 AM  

LoL!
Well well if it isn't the star of my SPM team, sub# :)
One step short of being pregnant, mate :P
What's up with you?
Don't temme you read this shit that I dole out on a daily basis :o

4/21/2010 7:57 AM  

well,
I do. esp. since you got lehed.

4/23/2010 4:31 PM  

Hey it's an honor to know that, man.
And a bit embarrassing... I thought no one read this shit :p

Will complete the Leh'd series in a week's time!
And you didnt answer my set of questions!!

4/23/2010 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home