kc The drudgeries of life: tp The drudgeries of life: tp

The drudgeries of life

Friday, April 09, 2010

tp

It has been ages since something like this has happened: my having ample time for myself!!
That said, I sure hope the placement process speeds up a bit... fairy tales are not supposed to last anyway :p

Apart from doing the things that I love doing like chatting, social networking, blogging, playing the guitar, working out, reading, sleeping, eating, roaming around et al, I've been spending lots of time re-reading my old diary entries, chat archives, fb messages, and blog posts (a thing someone did of late in record time, a remarkable feat undoubtedly! :) )

Shucks! I look at my archived posts and can't help wondering about how simple life used to be back then... it's almost as if the complexities in life increase in proportion to one's age :(
Seriously, ignorance has got to be bliss!!

Anyway, I realized how huge my old posts used to be, how unstilted I used to be in my approach to typing out my feelings, how I didn't care a damn for what others thought (this last point still applies :D)... it's scary actually!
Reading line after line, I sometimes doubt whether it was the same Steve who had at one point in time published these posts...

Loved two posts in particular...
This one, published when I was on the brink of leaving DA-IICT for entering the corporate world, almost 4 years ago...
And this one, a random tag also published at around the same time... went LOL reading my response to the tag :P

Chris Martin singing "Oh! Take me back to the start..." on the laptop encapsulates the gist of my current feelings...
Take me back to the time when I had not a care in the world beyond the school homework or the impending exams;
when I was ignorant about scourges such as violence, terrorism, caste, religion, politics, dogma, tradition, etc.;
when I was oblivious to my being different from almost all of my friends (in terms of background, upbringing, culture, mindset), and it didn't feel like a curse...

What's preventing these brainy scientists from inventing a time machine anyway?! :P

Will continue this rambling later... cioa!

Labels: , ,

posted by Smartalec at 9:58 AM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home