kc The drudgeries of life: Solitude The drudgeries of life: Solitude

The drudgeries of life

Friday, April 02, 2010

Solitude

I always had the tendency of avoiding being alone. I had to be with someone or in a gang.
I hated taking a walk alone. I could never swallow my food when having a meal all by myself.
Forget about movies, I couldn't even complete a 20-minutes long episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. in one sitting if I had no company....
While on my way to bathe, I had the habit of stopping over at friends' rooms for a quick chat!
I used to feel like a fish out of water without random bakar with friends, leg-pulling et al.

It took less than a week to change all that!
Sure the abruptness of the change was mind-numbing, but now it's so much fun living with myself.
It's a refreshing change of sorts.
It's about having ample time for myself, doing things I like, developing an altogether different perspective on life!
It's a character building exercise of sorts.
The bonds that I share with people are still intact, if they haven't grown stronger, but the dependencies are waning...
And slowly by slowly, I can feel the solitude growing on me...
I can now begin to truly appreciate the character played by Emile Hirsch in the movie Into the Wild! I know I could never emulate that feat, but it's amazing how he did what he did B)

No man is an island... but he can be, if he wants to ;)
Cheers! Happy weekend!

Labels:

posted by Smartalec at 10:54 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home