kc The drudgeries of life: Not my day! The drudgeries of life: Not my day!

The drudgeries of life

Friday, March 26, 2010

Not my day!

Way back in trimester 1, when she was a candidate for the post of class representative of B1, I hadn't voted for her... I didn't know her at all back then.
Then came the crazy BC project... oh! How we survived that :D
Dunno when we became friends. Soon she gave me the name Stevu (in sync with Apu, Sudu, Chandu, Kau et al :D)
Hahaha one common thing that we shared at that point in time was a dislike for Sulabh's constant leg-shaking!!!
I'll never forget those crazy Edumentor days... those early morning bike rides to Preet Vihar;her non-stop chitter-chatter on the way about so many things; the cribbing in between sales (?!) calls; the several meals at V3S mall...

Then came the late night chat sessions... those promises of having breakfast together, and my falling asleep 15 minutes before breakfast time :P
I seriously don't know when we became really good friends... our separate gang also comprised of Chandu, Apu, Sippu and Sud! Will always miss those loooong walks around the campus, the coffee at Muskan, the ice tea and hot chocolate at Nescafe, the endless bakar...
How or why I was renamed Stevzi still beats me :)

The last couple of months were so much fun... as usual, I realized that I make some of my best friends of college in the last semester/ trimester :)
The back-to-back parties on the last couple of days, that sentiyapa, the singing like crazy along with the guitar, definitely ensured that we ended things on a high!
Many people have told me that she is the female version of Steve Nipps... yep we're like twins! 
Bidding farewell to this sweetheart of a person today totally sucked... but I can bank on her words when she said that we'll definitely stay in touch and meet up soon...
You'll be missed a lot, 08FT-053 :)

Spent the entire day down with a hangover...
Bid farewell to 5 people today! Talk about people leaving in bulk :O
Thank God for the little errands that I had to run... keeping a bit busy at such times helps :)
Plus some special addictions make life seem so easy to survive!

Maybe it was the KF, but I was literally scared during the horror movie Shaapit :P
Someone's message made the movie seem like a dud... And my hatred for entrance exams intensified further :x
It's strange when a well-blended mixture of giving something your best, praying and, crossing toes and fingers doesn't work!
It sucks when people don't get what's so meant for them...

The mini-subdued party in my room offered a stark contrast to the parties we had had in the last 3 days :(
But I loved what followed: Chandu and I carried a bed sheet to the dew'd up football field, and simply sprawled down on the sheet!
Ahhhh! This is the life... no tension (at least not at that moment! :P), no bother in the world! I so love staring up at the dark night sky... there's such a lot up there yet there is nothing!
We discussed so many things about the Indian mindset, competitive exams, comparisons, jobs, the rat race, personal vs. professional lives, the coming generations, marriage et al...
2 years ago, a similar setting would've invoked topics related to gaming, chicks, flicks, bikes, cars, music, etc.
Damn how sad and old we've become :P

Only good thing about today was my receiving my brand new harddisk! Yippeee!!
Off to copy loads of stuff onto it! :)
Time to say TGIF!!!!
Good night!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 3:45 AM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home