kc The drudgeries of life: Nothing like it! The drudgeries of life: Nothing like it!

The drudgeries of life

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Nothing like it!

Long long ago, I had seen this movie named Aa gale lag ja... good ol' Hindi movie from the yesteryears!
After all these years, I have somehow managed to retain in my memory one of its songs even though I've forgotten what the movie was all about (save for details like Shashi Kapoor and his handicapped son singing songs in and around a skating rink somewhere in Himachal).
Tera mujhse hai pehle ka naata koi is one helluva awesome song, and though I love strumming a plethora of songs on the guitar, this one has gotta be my favorite! 

Love playing this stanza in particular:

Waadein gaye baatein gayii, bheegi bheegi raatein gayii,
Chahe jise mila nahin, toh bhi koi gila nahin...
Apna toh kya jiye mare chahe kuch ho,
Tujhko toh jeena raas aayega...
Jaane tu, ya jaane na... maane tu, ya maane na...

I wish I could've translated it, but I'm tired of being lost in translation...
Just soak it in, will ya? :)

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 11:11 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home