kc The drudgeries of life: Sme sme The drudgeries of life: Sme sme

The drudgeries of life

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sme sme

I know that I work in the marketing department of a small firm which operates in a fragmented niche market where it has to strive hard to position itself as a strong contender to the few biggies, but I never expected that the job profile encompasses working like a madman, even on weekends! 
And as things stand, Sunday and Monday are set to be longer than long days... just like Friday and Saturday were. 
I've always preferred moderation over extremities... so what if all days remain the same? It's better than being free on some days, and having a messed up routine on the remaining days. 
The way things were going today, I became a chimney after 2 long months! So much for that...

Just when I reached home at midnight, I got to read that petrol prices have gone up... yet again! Gosh, can't inflation stay put, and prices remain the same for a considerable time at least?! To hell with politics and economics...

In addition to inflation, accidents, floods, riots, rape, murder, crappy movie reviews et al make up a major chunk of the papers. Not that I have anything against the incidents... the sensationalization of it all is what sucks. What's with news becoming more of a money minting business of late? Can't it be the same as it was in the previous decade?!

It's true that the only constant thing in our lives these days is change. 
I hate change. I try to cling on to what was the best about every moment that life has been so considerate to offer. 
Wish it were that simple...
Wish everything would remain sme sme...

Happy weekend! I'll be working my ass off :p

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 3:35 AM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home