kc The drudgeries of life: Love vs. Infatuation The drudgeries of life: Love vs. Infatuation

The drudgeries of life

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Love vs. Infatuation

You help me getting started with Miss Callipygian and I'd be glad to be your loyal servant for the rest of my life!!

These were the words right out of the mouth of my roomie! Billions of blue blistering barnacles in ten thousand thundering thyphoons (Yeah! I'm a Captain Haddock fan)!! Could the bugger be serious?! Ok ok, I agree that the curvaceous lady in question is as sexy as they come and the strain on your eyes from staring at her voluptuous rear could very well lead to your getting bespectacled! But, hey! Is this what we mortals refer to as love? Or is it plain and simple infatuation, nothing but a mere school-boy crush kinda thing?

Right from my school days, I could boast of having a crush on some girl every other day! The story is somewhat different in college but that doesn't prevent me from "falling in love" regularly; not with the college gals mind you, but with the pretty NIFT chicks or some Ahmedabad gals! My love story is (or stories are rather) completely one-sided with the ladies I'm going gaga over probably unaware of my existence, except in those one or two cases when they would've caught me with my eyes fixed on them and they took me for some eve-teaser! Gosh! After reading great love stories like "Love Story" by Segal and "The Notebook" by Sparks, it feels real bad to find oneself in such a situation! How can Oliver and Noah have all the damn luck?!?!

My pathetic life does have one instance when I actually fell in love (no crush this one, mind you)! It was more of a love for a really dear friend! The girl is the bestest friend I ever had! We met years ago, and that too in a fashion that probably Segal would've penned down in a romantic novel! The credit for making my school life real lovely goes to her! Our relationship is something that has survived through realy bad times! As we grew older, I saw her as more of a friend than anything! She's meant a lot to me and I really love sharing all my secrets with her! That said, she's still my good friend! But I'm no good at maintaining LDRs (read Amod)! Thanks to that, it has been ages since I've spoken to her! That's the end of it:(!

So back to the normal way of life up here! I ain't a DoSa member for nothing, DoSa bole toh DA-IICT one-sider's association:D! Make way love... infatuation is on the roll! And lets see what we can do for my poor roommate!!

posted by Smartalec at 4:47 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

14 Comments:

wah wah kya likha hai... the title should be "Love or Lust" ...
by the way, did u not get the moral of LDRs?you shd contact ur old frens whenever u feelike u have lost them. GOT THAT?

4/17/2005 2:11 PM  

wah wah kya likha hai... the title should be "Love or Lust" ...
by the way, did u not get the moral of LDRs?you shd contact ur old frens whenever u feelike u have lost them. GOT THAT?

4/17/2005 2:11 PM  

waah! steve ka jawaab nahi... [:D]
well written dude!! thtz y i 2 said 2 a gal ki frndship first n letz c if tht develops in2 love once v know each other pretty well!
but she took me 4 an eve-teaser[:(]
koi nahi... I ain't the president of D0Sa 4 nothing... [:P]

4/17/2005 6:21 PM  

stevie boy i thought u had a crush on someone in college, now don tell me thats all a lie. and btw DOsa means one-sider association is for one-side love so who do u love boy?cos it aint seemin like ur skool frnd[;)]
and @ nymph, yeah i saw the movie, the guy pretty much defined wat one side love was and the way he bags the gal in the end is made for the movies

4/17/2005 11:30 PM  

heyyyy i 4got 2 thank u 4 adding my link to LDR in ur post... good work man!! u link things pretty well!
@nymph- i love long comments

4/17/2005 11:30 PM  

@amod
dude i'm gonna call her up tomorrow! letz see what happens! thanx for being d inspiration;). but dammit i ain't a procrastinator for nothing!

@naresh
u said it dude! dosa rules! we're happier there than being labeled as hooligans n eve-teasers:D

@nymph
gosh miss! that was superb! i'm gonna take ur comment damn seriously! results will be sent to u via mail;)! and i do love long comments! anyone who differs may buzz off

@viper
college rumors all abt me! but abt u i'm gonna start spreading d word;)! i'll tell u abt my love story during the RI k?

and hey! i wanna see that telugu movie... whether i understand d language doesn't matter!

4/17/2005 11:42 PM  

so this one goes the arpit's way.. Keep it up, you surely are not alone !!

4/18/2005 12:53 AM  

hehe! dude, stevie, i'd love if you gave away lollipops... i'd bet even the girls'll love it too... to phir chalo daddu ke paas miltein?

life enriching experience? hehe, that was a good one.

4/18/2005 7:00 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/18/2005 7:00 PM  

nice post yaar..

well infatuation or "one way traffic"...almost the same story in my college..

but NIFT chiks( wow!!)

4/18/2005 9:49 PM  

lol.
thoroughly amusing and u remind me of a friend.
:D

4/20/2005 1:49 AM  

@prasoon
thanks dude! that gave me some comfort:)!

@sarat
give up ur childish behavior, dude! grow up!!

@anubhav
yeah! a big wow!!

@nymph
i'll keep that in mind, miss!

@khizzy
thx for dropping by! n for d comment! chalo probably due to reminding u of ur pal, u'd plan 2 drop by here more often...

4/20/2005 4:03 AM  

and i suffer from both :)

4/20/2005 1:49 PM  

hey nymph! not fair! you shud atleast gimme a chance yaar:P! i didn't even 2 use my charms;)... gosh! now that mousy has ur username, pwd, i can't help it! gosh dunno whether itz u posting or him:o!

hi shaan! i kinda share ur feeling abt sugar icing! yewwww!

4/20/2005 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home