kc The drudgeries of life: The passage of time The drudgeries of life: The passage of time

The drudgeries of life

Friday, April 07, 2006

The passage of time

Sunday, November 06, 2005!
I used to keep seeing this date for quite sometime after the particular day this string of characters is used to specify ended. After that, I stopped visitng this blog of mine which fell into desuetude, and no longer did I come across this date... but still, I kept thinking of it.

Mind you, all I did was think. First I was too busy to update my blog, later on too lazy. And now, after ages, that I sit down to key in the characters to this post, I feel kind of depressed thinking of what all I missed out in the past 4 odd months by not blogging... pouring my heart out into the posts with nothing held back, the click on the "Publish Post" button, getting the "blog published successfully" message, the comments from friends, etc.

Sigh! Time does fly by fast! In all this time, I've managed to "achieve" a lot of things! First and foremost, my primary reason for bidding adieu to Blogdom didn't pay off as I screwed up big time in the CAT (Common Admission Test)! The announcement of the results timed perfectly to match with the new year ensured a purrfect beginning to 2006. An over-ambitious B. Tech. Project (BTP) , being performed under a mentor with an unsatiable appetite for hard-work when it comes to his students (Can't comment on his appetite for foodstuffs! Confidential information:D), to be completed in the last semester with neither me nor my partner willing to put in any efforts! Gymming like I never have... and that too in the early morning (read 6 AM)!! Playing badminton and TT for hours at an end! Joining French classes and not regretting the decsion! Tres bien;)! Having to walk on the ramp, more of an impromptu act rather than a well prepared and well rehearsed one, in order not to ruin the college's image and in the process ruining my own! Going to Mt. Abu on an impulse, with my closest pals, without any kind of planning and yet having the time of our lives! Getting nostalgic and becoming closer to friends as our college lives are coming to an end!

It's sort of surprising that I, who had said what not about my college in many of my previous posts, am feeling pretty bad that I'll be leaving this place in a month:(. And the way my buddies are out publishing posts on their college experiences, and about the colege life they lived, on their blogs by the dozen, I can't help but feel a pang of guilt about not realizing earlier that life at college made me what I am now, gave me something called a personality, helped me grow,... made me the man that I am. Ofcourse there were lots of bad experiences, especially the times when I, like most others, faced the brunt of the babe-draught here;), but I guess it's all a part of the deal!

Now that I'm back for good (Hey! This ain't funny! I'm serious!), it's time to get down to business! First things first! I've got 2 tags pending and it's about time I fulfilled my duty of replying to them! Better late than never, as they say;)! After that, the usual claptrap that you guys have come to expect of me! Glad to see that not much has changed here! Most of you folks are blogging with fervor and it'll be a treat to read the posts that I missed out on!

So much for a comeback! More later...
Boy o boy! Sure feels good to be back8)!
Au revoir

posted by Smartalec at 10:21 AM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Welcome back Old Buddy!!! We have been missing you :P
Last month is sure making me nostalgic, but am still refraining 4m postin the words, will do tht soon...
Waise, u dnt tell abt completin ur btp :P
I missd ur rampage man, warna orkut pe ek aur campaign kar detaaa :D
n wrt the tag post fast...

4/07/2006 2:45 PM  

n yeah, how did i not write this? This template looks better, too many blacks arnd!

But, one undertone 2 b noted is tht the template chngd 4m black 2 white... no clrs :( probly da sry state our lives r in... :P

4/07/2006 2:46 PM  

nice to see u back..actually even i am waiting for final sem to come , when i can also almost live life at random....best wishes for your future..

cheers,

4/08/2006 1:26 AM  

@naresh
man, the farewell yesterday did it! now i'm feeling really depressed:(!
left out the details of completing my btp coz i didn't wanna to scare all those lazy folks out there who havent even began working;)! what matters is that i know, u know and some people (more like almost everyone) who u passed on the message to!
and can't ever imagine a colorful blog for myself! dunno why! but proabably the reason u suggested:P!

@anubhav
nice to see u too! great to see that u've been blogging relentlessly!
thanks for the wishes! you enjoy ur 8th sem... it's full of aish;)!

@isha
and i thought these comments were meant to be for the posts:P!!
anyway, thanks;)!

4/09/2006 7:37 AM  

It feels good to have you back.
Welcome back! Tada!!

Days at this college... Will we ever have so much fun in our lives?

Why the hell do we need to grow up? Can't someone just freeze time? Why do all good things have to come to an end?

DA-IICT was too good. Hope for all of us the next destination is even better. But will people ever be better than what I found here? Yeah, I know I am being skeptical and pessimistic!

Those were the best days of my life.....

4/09/2006 10:32 AM  

Look Look Look! Who is here?!!! STEEVE! Man, I bet you're the only one who can beat me in my own game(of procrastination)! Talking about DA-IICT Days, the first thing which comes to my mind is 75 block!!And second think is a big sttrong leg totaling a poor shabby door in middle of night! :> And not to forget, the (c)rampwalk! How much I love to pull your leg.. muhahaha

4/10/2006 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home