kc The drudgeries of life: Bad luck at its best The drudgeries of life: Bad luck at its best

The drudgeries of life

Friday, June 10, 2005

Bad luck at its best

Just the other day, after two long semesters, Amod, Bobli, Sarat and myself got together to play scrabble! Scrabble, for the ignorant ones, is a word-building game, and when we four assemble to play it, it usually means a wonderful, fun-filled evening with lots of laughter, jokes and loads of leg-pulling! And yesterday was just like that! We played for 4 hours straight and boy! Was it fun!! A great relief from the card games that we play daily! From my getting all the 5 vowels of the English alphabet in my share of seven tiles, Sarat's continuous attempts at trying to imitate the drum beats of the jungle folks, Bobli's pondering on which word to make for ages while we kept suggesting some words and Bobli refusing to make a word other than the one he would think of until he finally succumbed to making the word we suggested, to Amod's sneaky move in the first game which he unfairly won (probably the lowest point of the entire evening:P!)
All in all, felt great to have a go at scrabble again!

Here's a peek at my share of the tiles! Never pray for vowels when you're short of them... or you'll end up like this
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And the bad luck continues into day 2 too! Never never again will I pray for vowels
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But no matter! It was being with my best buddies after such a long time and having a great time that counted rather than the pathetic letters I possessed! Looking forward to more scrabble games....

posted by Smartalec at 1:13 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

17 Comments:

Really Scrabble is an awesome game. Dont forget to invite me next time!! I simply love it..

6/11/2005 11:03 AM  

i want to play too..

6/11/2005 11:46 AM  

i dont have the boardgame with me but i usually play literati on yahoo games. its a lot of fun. and believe me im unluckiest with vowels. i usually end up using the blank pieces early in the game. im pathetic:P!

6/11/2005 2:58 PM  

Hehe...lost for words, eh?!

6/11/2005 6:14 PM  

bng a witness 2 it on da first day, i can understand ur pathetic situation da other day also!

6/12/2005 9:00 AM  

hey dude !!
why was never there to play !!!
mostly i found u playin Quake n CS ...
btw i started playin CS in Office ;)

6/12/2005 12:49 PM  

shutup you moron, I didn't do anything unfair! y didnt u guys check the word in dictionary? I felt that na was correct but actually it nah or nay, and you lazy bones cant even check it in dictionary... buzz off.
by the way, y didnt u mention that you stood 4th out of 4 players in 3 out of 4 games :D :D :D?

6/12/2005 1:38 PM  

i was on orkut..but due to some stupid unknown reason it dznt log me on anymore...

6/12/2005 3:14 PM  

scrabble...been a long long time since i played the game....so how did u get out of the vowel fiasco[;)]

6/12/2005 11:18 PM  

I miss board games..hardly get time ..anyways looks u guys are having ball...have fun

and steve how abt aieee..dont u think this acronym is a word in every engineers lexicon...

6/15/2005 11:35 PM  

hmm.. u can come up with a word that's a sound of a scream.. like... " aieee" .. oops! thats the same as anubhav's suggestion.

do ya think there;s any conn there? :P

btw, i LOVE scrabble.

6/20/2005 9:26 PM  

Hey there! absolut fun we had :D thanks man, for recording those kodak moments on the net...

btw, if you ask me, kodak should be a dictionary word by now! :D

6/20/2005 9:52 PM  

@arun
okey-dokey

@arpit
sure u do! will let u know when we play next!

@divz
thatz exactly my point! there used to be a dearth of vowels among my tiles too but see what i got after praying for vowels?! never never never pray for vowels i tell ya! be happy with the blanks;)!

6/21/2005 3:49 AM  

@mirage
bingo:D

@arch storm
lol! nice one, dude! trying it these days doesn't pay off though! ppl keep threatening u with the prospect of checking the dictionary! who want's to skip a chance anyway??
thanks for dropping by!

@naresh
u said it! same miserable situation

@shaan
we seldom played scrabble when we got time off cs n q3!
n cs in office:o?! go go go!!

6/21/2005 3:54 AM  

@amod
LoL! what a poor defense!! dude, give up! how long will ya hide the truth?!
and somethings are better left unsaid...:P

@sriram
managed somehow to put up a decent score! but believe me, it was one helluva nightmare

@isha
where have ya been??

6/21/2005 3:56 AM  

@anubhav
yup! we're having fun alright!
as far as aieee, i was sure game for making that word! but was not allowed coz acronyms aren't allowed in the games we play:(!

@ektz
search me!! probably there is:P!
and as far as loving scrabble is concerned, count me in! btw have ya heard of the word-building game boggles?! was one of my favs when i was li'l!

@sarat
next time, don't try to stop me when i make the word Kodak:P

6/21/2005 4:02 AM  

Ye Ye I won the last game. For those who wish to know We (Amod, Sarat, Steve, Rahul (in descending order of "cheater"ship)) are a good Scrabble club.

And I think for a long time because these fellows look at my tiles and give me suggestions. Worse ! They finish the whole set of combinations :((

And yes Amod always cheats :p. I still curse myself for having been fooled by his rat brains.

7/07/2005 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home