kc The drudgeries of life: The sands of time The drudgeries of life: The sands of time

The drudgeries of life

Sunday, August 21, 2005

The sands of time

Have you ever felt sorry for yourself for dying to get engrossed in something that you love and yet not being able to do so? Well I surely have! And it has been that way for about 2 months. TWO looong, hectic months! Phew! By saying that I'm enervated and mentally exhausted right now, I'd be making the understatement of the century! But boy! Am I overjoyed at getting back to Blogging! First and foremost, I'd like to extend a hearty thanks to all those ardent fans of mine who find it difficult to survive without reading the verbal crap found in my blog which is a proficiency of mine, and have kept visiting this DLOG (read Dead bLOG:D) expecting to find some worthwile time pass! Also, I'd like to thank one particular lady whose ominous messages about sending some goons over to my place if I didn't resume blogging made it a do-or-die situation for me ;)! The point is, whether you like it or not, I'm back!!

So what have I been upto?! A lot, actually! First and foremost, I'm no longer unemployed! Got placed in Infosys, but it was not a cakewalk! Had to face 2 rejections before the Infy test and that was one helluva depressing time! The summer research internship which I was crying about is finally near completion and a IEEE paper can be expected out of all the hardwork we put in! I wasn't able to visit my parents and sister thanks to a jam-packed schedule, but finally managed to take some time out for the same! So what if for just a single week?! I'm not complaining! Started off by getting screwed pretty bad in the mock CAT (Common Admission Test to the prestigious IIMs) exams and have come a long way since then, and at present I manage to score a respectable score at which, I can assure myself, no one will sneer! The only problems with the mocks that I'm confronting time and again are the pretty chicks who appear for the exams and ensure that you remain distracted throughout the duration of the paper, concentrating more on them rather than on trying to clear the cut-offs! Probably the lowest point in my mock taking history was today when half-an-hour into the paper, my stomach got upset and I wasted 7 precious minutes of valuable exam time in the loo!! What can I say... another "good" experience?! Just recently, appeared for one of IBM's certification exams and managed to get selected!

And just found out that for her English preliminary exam, my sister was searching for a presonality on whom to write the essay, "The person I admire the most", when she decidedly told my mom that I would be the personality she's going to write about! Bless her little soul! Probably writing about me wouldn't fetch her as many marks as writing about Gandhi or Nehru (or anyone else for that matter) would, but... In the words of J.D. Salinger of "Catcher in the Rye" fame, "Kids!! They kill you! They really do!".

Quite an egotistic post, with lots of I's and mes, don't you think so?! But what the heck! That's probably because this is my first post after a long, long time! Not to mention the writer's block phase that I'm going through! Promise a better treat next time! Till then, it'll be fun visiting everyone else's blogs and finding lots of stuff to read and comment on! Oh yeah! Feels good to be back in action!

posted by Smartalec at 2:53 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

10 Comments:

what a coincidence after months i decide to chek ur blog and voila!!

abe RI complete hone ko hai..hua nahi hai. nyways good post, but how come u get to see all the hot chics while i dont..iam siting wid u the next time

8/22/2005 7:30 AM  

Sheesh ! I was the one threatening you all the time on your doodle board, accosting you and making personal requests in C wing only to see someone else gets to steal the credit. Unfair ! I begrudge the same. :((

Anyway since the end result turned out to be the same I shall pardon you for all the sins and you don't need to take an appointment for benedicition now. By the way you will always make a good subject for the admiration essays bey. Just go out and you'll find millions of people adoring either your charisma or the specious seventy four inch drool stuff you possess.

And the T.I.M.E tests ! Whose ignorance are you trying to mock here ? We all are aware of you r pervasive excellence. Even the Infosys fellow was flattered by your performance in an exam of similar pattern.

Anyway owing to the prevalent conditions, I do not again expect a reply until a female posts a comment because that is in most cases the incentive to reply.

8/22/2005 7:33 AM  

Welcome back Commander! RI khatam nahi hua, minez done and a paper is submitted, shud c if it is selected...
reg mocks, i can do nuthin but second bobli... n ya whenz da next post? :P

8/22/2005 7:38 AM  

Welcome back Commander! RI khatam nahi hua, minez done and a paper is submitted, shud c if it is selected...
reg mocks, i can do nuthin but second bobli... n ya whenz da next post? :P

8/22/2005 7:38 AM  

You are more than welcome :)

8/22/2005 9:18 AM  

Congratulations Ace!! Keep up the good work! :)

Btw, ur DLOG has suddenly come to life! Good to have u back man!

8/22/2005 3:12 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

8/22/2005 10:16 PM  

please try avoiding riting abt mock cat's.. iam sick of dem now and dey refuse to remain out of my sight :(

and hey ieee paper is comin out.. dats nice.. so dOOde why don't u become an ieee member? it will only help ya.. hoping for a +ve response frm ur side!

Writer of this comment is IEEE student rep for 2002 batch

8/24/2005 3:11 PM  

Nice post.

Nice to see you back. Someday, I too will return.....

Congrats for all the achivements. You seem to be having the best time in your undergraduate career.

Sweety is definitely gonna have loads of material to write in her essay. We will wait and see if you decide to allow us to have a peek at the essay by putting it up here on your blog.

So who was that threatening lady? I hope she doesn't read my DLOG.

8/29/2005 11:22 AM  

heard the rumours that your sister is writing an essay on you???? poor girl!! I can imagine how you must have tortured her... will she be able to complete first para?? hehe!!
Anyways, 70-75 days to go for CAT...

9/09/2005 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home