kc The drudgeries of life: The Gods must be crazy... for sure The drudgeries of life: The Gods must be crazy... for sure

The drudgeries of life

Sunday, May 29, 2005

The Gods must be crazy... for sure

What a day!! Man! Never imagined that a day that begun with my screwing up every damn thing that I set out to do would end up as a wonderful day!
Got up at 5:15 AM! Wow! Did I just type that?! Damn right, I did! I am capable of things other than nightouts, you guys! Completed 10 *phew* rounds of the cricket ground! Had about half a litre of buttermilk soon after! Man, was it heavy! Took a shower and was present at the insti gates to board our hired jeep and proceed to attend four hours worth of CAT coaching! And as it was the most likely thing to happen, the jeep didn't turn up! Swell! And neither was there a single autorickshaw to drop us off at the nearest bus-stand which is half a mile away! Half the people returned to their rooms to resume their incomplete sleep as there was no way now that we could make it to class on time! But here I was, with my mind vacillating between attending the class even if a little late or to bunk the class! With most of the folks turning back towards the hostel, the decision that I was going to take was getting more and more biased by the minute! But finally, my pal Anand persuaded me to attend class and convinced me that it was a good decision because we could rush off to the multiplex to watch the Revenge of the Sith after class! So, amen to that!

Reached Ahmedabad somehow in the hot and stuffy weather in a hotter and even more stuffy rickety old bus, with fellow Gujju travellers screaming away to glory in their mother tongue which seemed as some sort of exchange in codes! Phew! What a relief it was getting off the bus! It was almost 45 minutes past the time the class was to start, so I and Anand decided to roam around Ahmedabad a bit and reach the class in time for the second lecture of the day. Reached McDonalds with loads of hopes of having a nice breakfast only to be disappointed by the sweeper who somehow managed to convey the message to us in Gujarati that the place opens up at 11:30 AM! wtf!! Ok! So we proceed to Crossword to while away our time browsing through books! Guess what! Again a couple of sweepers tell us that the place opens up at 10:30 AM! WTF!! It's like we've been frequenting these places for the past 3 years and have not even the slightest idea about their opening and shutting down timings! Reminds me of an instance where Sherlock Holmes asked Watson to tell him the number of steps in the staircase that Watson walks up and down each day, and Watson's failure to supply an answer ! Jeez! How ignorant we are about the smallest of things!

Anyways, I and Anand head for CG Road, one of the cool places to hangout in apnu Ahmedabad! But believe me, nothing was cool about the place today! Found all the shops closed, and with the blazing hot sun making all the girls cover up themselves from head to toe, there was nothing worth doing! Found a supermarket shich seemed open! So I rushed towards it like the Master Incredible, olnly to be stopped in my tracks by the guard and turned away because the damn place opens up at 11 AM! I give up! All I wanted to do now was get back and wait for the second class to start! Enough of making a fool out of myself!

So there I am waiting outside the classroom for the first class to give over! As bad luck would have it, the instructor was a guy who neither possessed a soft corner in his heart for me and Anand, nor did he like anyone coming to class without doing the assigned homework! Here I catch a glimpse of him coming out of the class and a few minutes later, he catches sight of myself and Anand lazing around in a couple of chairs! The look that he gives us said it all! He probably thought that we hadn't done any of the homework(which was true:D) and had purposely bunked his class! "I'll deal with you slobs later" was all that was etched on his face! God SOS!

So for not so good! This is where things start to look up! The second class was pretty good and fast! Soon after it got over, I and Anand rushed off to Fun Republic! Purchased a couple of tickets for the movie, dumped out bags and rushed into FR! Holy macaroni! Today being a Saturday, the place was swarming with people! Not that the people interest me, but defintely the feminine population making up the mob do! Window-shopped for quite sometime throwing a stare here or having a glimpse there! Couldn't get my eyes off one particular beauty who really had me stumped! Just about 2-3 inches shorter than myself(I was standing by her for quite some time), very beautiful face, mesmerising eyes, nice figure, and a cool dressing sense! Can't believe real life isn't like the cyber life where you don't hestitate even a moment before saying Hi to someone! How I wanted to walk up to her and speak a bit! But alas! Mr. Scaredy Cat chickened away from this one! Ahem! The posts of mine are getting out of hand, don't you think?!

So, concentrating on the movie was a bit difficult but I somehow managed it! The movie in itself was ultimate! Top class! And though I'm not a keen follower of the Star Wars series, I found the movie quite enchanting, and not at all confusing as I had feared! Remarkable graphics and fight sequences! The sound effects were good! The actors were good and so was the director! Total paise vasool, as they say!

The drive back to the college was also not uneventful! There was a storm on it's wasy and the weather had chilled down a bit! The ride was fine sitting in the rear seat of a jeep enjoying the cool breeze and the tiny rain drops, more so because accompanying us on the journey was a lovely Gujarati girl! It's a fact that I've been shocked more than once when pretty gujju gals open their mouths, because it's like a perfect anticlimax! But this girl had a great voice as well! Probably the second Gujju girl with a really good voice whom I've heard, the first being my blog-friend Ekta!

It's a fact that I've been blabbering a lot about girls recently! Surely I'm out of my mind! Previously, a single attack of infatuation per day was okay but more than 2 or 3 times a day is damn too much! Any panacea?!

posted by Smartalec at 9:47 AM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

5/29/2005 12:53 AM  

yaar encounter pe encounter
ur luck's sure lookin up.
and this is the second time dreamcatcher's beat me to a comment[;)]

5/29/2005 3:10 PM  

you are turning out to be girl-crazy...well thats good!
but what were u doing standing besides her?

6/01/2005 9:51 PM  

@dc
i knew it... i knew it...
murphy's law has been responsible for almost all d goof-ups in my life till now :(!

@sriram
what can i say, dude? i'm happy the way things r going!
and as far as dc is concerned, she is probably d most eligible blogger i've come across:D!

@amod
that's true! i was taking in her features n taking in her scent! scent of a woman! for a small stretch of time, i felt myslef as the al pacino of the movie scent of a woman!!

6/02/2005 3:57 PM  

Ahh... some day you had!

"It's a fact that I've been shocked more than once when pretty gujju gals open their mouths, because it's like a perfect anticlimax!" --- :echo: that!

6/03/2005 6:54 PM  

i am still remembering that day steve!!

6/03/2005 9:24 PM  

@sudipta
aaahhhh!! i know, i know! what s day!!
hehehe! echo ur echo;)!
thanks for dropping by:)! join d bandwagon

@anand
so do it, anand! so do i *sighs* :D

6/04/2005 1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home