kc The drudgeries of life: Jumbled feelings The drudgeries of life: Jumbled feelings

The drudgeries of life

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Jumbled feelings

The cold breeze was rushing past, ruffling my already messy hair.... the sky was clear, not a single cloud in sight... I stood rooted to my spot! I genuinely take pleasure in taking long walks after dinner, but tonight was different. The onset of Summer was obvious, and after taking a shower, it felt wonderful just to stand at a spot watching the city lights, while mulling over the numerous things running through my mind, the chilly thrust of the night air now and then inciting a pleasureful sigh... After ages of neglecting the divine task, I guess I prayed! For once, I'd have loved to have a blank mind, a mind devoid of thoughts, feelings, emotions, vacillations, judgmenents, assumptions! Just this once...

It's a wonder how things in life work out so well! Hiccups in friendships are inevitable! Misconceptions are so like the damn speed-breakers we come across on the roads which, whether we like it or not, slow us down, act as barriers! We need to master the art of changing to appropriate gears as and when life demands it! I'm still a tyro when it comes to that! Without even a word being uttered, tension sets in at times and just nodding a polite hello seems like a lot of strain! Thank God, not everyone has an ego as biiig as mine, else I'd have lost half of my cherished friends over petty squabbles! And thank God for SMS technology (except for the Idea ringtone messages I keep getting when I am expecting something quite different:D)! It's so very convenient to patch up differences over a couple of messages and then resume from where you had actually left off! Life is beautiful again!A sense of déjà vu sets in! Sounds like a lot of muddled gibberish? Wasn't intended for everyone anyway!

Of late, I've been feeling nostalgic like hell! It's not that I miss someone or something in particular, but it's just a general state of mind! And it seems that most of the people I come across are nostalgic chaps as myself! Just my luck! Getting in touch with old classmates from school thanks to Orkut, getting an unexpected call from a really good friend from college who had more or less vanished into thin air... the fact that I suck at long-distance relationships drives me to make these work, alongwith resuming old ties too, rather than add them to the long list of had-been-awesome-while-it-lasted category of relationships! Sighs!

It's a wonder how other people can affect my life so much! Be it someone who I've never met, somebody I came across on the net, people who work with me, folks in the adjoining cubicles, roommate, flatmates, friends, family, kids and families living in the same society, et al! And coincidences seem to be on the cards, or maybe I'm looking for them in every second person that I come across! Double sighs!

At times, I feel being candid here is stupid... I have a diary to serve exactly that purpose! But for some reason which evades me, I type it all out! Maybe I take sadistic pleasure in perplexing innocent bloggers :P!

Labels: , ,

posted by Smartalec at 12:23 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

3/22/2007 10:16 AM  

city lights???
when i visited ur place it was a village :P
u realised it quite late, but u are definitely a social animal, an animal who uses sms too :)

3/22/2007 11:21 AM  

great post as usual steve i love to read your blogs, they are addicting...;) i commented back to u on my previous blog.

3/23/2007 8:34 AM  

notalgic eh??hehe rnt v all r :P..and long distance relations...yesss...i see that certain ppl sme1 has in fact forgotten abt one such!!

3/23/2007 4:55 PM  

umm...ummm....ummmm.....

3/23/2007 8:33 PM  

@dc
how true :)!
thanks

@desi
it still is a village! but the city lights are visible nonetheless:P
boy! am i using smses these days or what!

@jenny
thanks :)! the same applies to u too! i can associate a lot with your posts!

@aparna
heyyy! what a surprise!
i see someone is taking my comment box for a complaint register:P!
but i agree... i've been kinda aloof of late, haven't i?!

@shikha
hi :)

3/24/2007 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home