kc The drudgeries of life: Deja woohoo!! The drudgeries of life: Deja woohoo!!

The drudgeries of life

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Deja woohoo!!

There's something about Saturday the 13th and Puraani Dilli...
I was back at Nayii Sarak where I was roaming exactly one month ago! :)

There's something about Old Delhi that is so mesmerizing... despite it being dirty, crowded and flooded with tangled up wires all over the show, this place has a charm!
That, and there are so many memories linked to this place!

How can I ever forget this place :)

After partying like crazy last night, a friend asked me whether I believed in destiny!
When I replied in the affirmative, the friend said "I dunno about the future but in 5 hours, you're destined to be accompany me to Nayii Sarak!"
When I said "Nooo wayyyy", the friend simply smiled...
And we partied till 6 AM!
But at 9 AM, I was seated in a Tavera with 2 friends enroute to Puraani Delhi... with over 330 books making up a total weight of over 100 kgs!!!

My stack of books versus Pritam's... damn did we study during MBA or what?! :P


One half of the books that we towed!!! Quite a handful :D


Had a wonderful time with all the bakar, the bargaining (as usual!), getting nostalgic, and sitting at the shop for over 4 hours and leaving empty-handed (in terms of books :p) but cash rich $$
Loved clicking pics at Nayii Sarak, Chawri Bazar, Chandni Chowk...

One of the numerous galis of Purani Dilli where I'd love getting lost...


Rickshaw after rickshaw ferrying foreigners in front of Jama Masjid...
And the smiles that the happy old ladies flashed me were extra nice :)


We were so tired by evening time that we headed for Addictive at CP... my favorite joint! Nothing like relaxing on those sexy couches, sipping on KF and watching an awesome IPL match! Damn, Rajasthan deserved to win today... hats off to Yusuf Pathan B)

The long long auto ride back to Ghaziabad, the talks about anything and everything, and the beauty of Delhi at night ensured a perfect ending to the day :)
Not to mention hearing about Sweety's clearing the first round of a tough competition... totally proud of her, I am :)

I usually don't like malls, but Pacific Mall @ Anand Vihar is special :)


Got lost while watching the passing streets and the headlights of oncoming traffic...
There was this particular junction where more than 5 roads were converging, and there were some four-wheelers that seemed to be stranded while contemplating which road to take...
And I felt like one of those cars, stuck at a junction in life with no friggin' idea as to which road to take...
Oh well! I'll reserve this crazy idea for a future post which I had typed out 2 years ago :D

In the city of blinding lights... Delhi! :)

Be it the "Jeevan ke safar me raahi..." track playing at Puraani Dilli, or the Hoobastank number, "The reason..." blaring at CP, Delhi has truckloads of such contrasts to offer...
I'm going to miss it all :(

Just got an invite from Chheda for a B2 party... LoL! How much can I party?!
Have a great Sunday, folks!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 10:38 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home