kc The drudgeries of life: Somewhere I belong... The drudgeries of life: Somewhere I belong...

The drudgeries of life

Monday, May 17, 2010

Somewhere I belong...

Mystic river

I have always fancied taking long walks.
And when it comes to Subroto Park, the 'longer than long' walks are simply a pleasure :)
Plus the nice songs on the radio! What more?

The icing on the cake is that sojourn atop the bridge at the starting of the Gurgaon expressway *sighs*
Simply love that feeling of standing up above the crazy night traffic, observing the brilliant lights running hither and thither in the darkness, making a dash for a finish line that doesn't exist... 
Watching the traffic disappear under my feet, it felt as if I were a race marshal signalling the end of the race! 

The longer I stared at the hundreds of beacons streaming towards me, the more mesmerized I was! 
Was rooted to my spot for quite a while, thinking nothing yet smiling...
Life is so much like driving in the traffic... when you're stuck in a jam, all you want to do is get free and floor the accelerator... as soon as you escape the jam and find a free road, you race as if your life depended on it, only to get stuck in the next jam oh-so-quickly... you cuss and swear not to repeat this mistake, to enjoy the traffic-free stretch in the road the next time round... but your patience runs out by the time you escape the jam... and it goes on and on...
A vicious circle called life :)

It's funny how I admire this mayhem from my perch, yet I loathe it when I'm involved in it! Double standards to the core :)
Very long  and interesting working days ahead! Hope I'm kept away from these parts for a while...
Cheers!

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 11:49 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home