kc The drudgeries of life: Dammit why can't I concentrate?! The drudgeries of life: Dammit why can't I concentrate?!

The drudgeries of life

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Dammit why can't I concentrate?!

One... two... three... Yeah! I shouldn't have bunked Mathuria's lecture today!
Twelve... thirteen... fourteen... Should I call her up?!
Twenty three... twenty four.... Gosh! What has happened to my aim in Quake? Just yesterday I was playing swell!
Thirty five... thirty six... thirty seven... My shots in table tennis have improved for sure!
Fifty nine... sixty... Goddd! When should I begin mugging up for the exams?!?!
Seventy two... seventy three... Jeez! I'm nearly broke! So whom should I borrow dough from this time?!
Eighty five... eighty six... Man! I sure could do with some Dew!
Ninety five... *huff*....ninety six... *puff* Gonna make it to a hundred!!
Ninety nine... nearly dead! Comon Kid! One more! You can do it...
Aaaaaaaarghhh! Huuundrrreddd! Flat on the floor! Phew! That's over! But *wheezes* should I *wheezes* call her?!

Nope! This isn't about me learning to count till hundred!! I'm upto my daily routine of hundred tiring push-ups! That's not the thing worrying me though! It's the thoughts that I keep having simultaneously! I can never ever seem to keep my mind on what I'm doing with the damn thing always wanting to ponder on something quite different from the matter at hand! Be that while studying, while exercising, while having some chow, while bathing, during lectures, and even while dozing off!

Now with the exams right around the corner and me having to inaugurate my last-minute cramming sessions, I'm in real deep shit! To think of it, I just picked up "my notes" (Disclaimer: By my notes, I'm referring to my copy of the xeroxed lecture notes of some intellectual who has managed to miss not even a single lecture! I salute such people!) to browse through the content when I see my roommate presenting his best strafing till date in Quake III! Wow! Sexy! That was one helluva rail! Superb dodging! Man! Freak, that's my roomie's gaming name, sure is a pro! My hero! Just a casual glance at the timepiece and HOLY SHIT! I've been hopelessly watching the game for an hour! Get a life, dude, I tell myself! Ok! So where was I?! Ahhh! The second line of the first page! Not very hard to find:D! So a fresh start will do some good! But not here! How about studying with the neighbours?? Sounded good until about an hour-and-a-half and a pathetic couple of lines and a completely waste-of-time kinda discussion on "how you get itchy when you don't wash the soap off your body soon enough" later, I decided to visit the gym rather than wasting away precious time studying!

At the gym, the story is no different! Imagine benchpressing with a friggin 160 pounds while discussing with the guys how bitchy and female chavinistic can a prof. be!! LoL! 5 or 6 repeats later, when I'm too far away from the 10 benchmark that I've set for myself, I give up! Almost dropped the damn thing, rod, weights and all, on myself! Sigh! No use continuing this way! Gym ain't the place to be exercising and talking, both at once!

So back to the room again! Fresh after a shower, and a decent dinner, it's time to study! No distractions this time, I promise myself! But that was not to be! Again the wander-thirst mind of mine drifts away into a reverie! And before I realize it, I've managed somehow to just throw away half-an-hour of mine! No use doing anything! Time is best utilised by sleeping! I'll try my luck out at studying tomorrow; a new day, a new start! But try though I did, damn sleep evaded me like a nymph avoiding an ugly bloke (pun unintended:D)! Thousands of thoughts crossed my mind! I tossed, I turned! I tossed and I turned! But still no sleep! Damn sleep! Never do you get it when you really need it!

Fuck everything! Now I'm gonna write a blog about this mess, I say! About my handicap of not being able to concentrate on anything that I do! With a steaming hot cup of coffee(well not that steaming hot, but still...), I sit down to type out my woes! And like it was the most logical and sensible thing to happen, a discussion about one of my friend's idioticities delayed that too! Maamamia! This is too much!!

Phew! I somehow managed to complete this load of bullsh!t that it seems I've been typing for ages! Now you know, fellow bloggers! How about imparting some wisdom to this poor, miserable, unable-to-concentrate-on-anything chap! I could really do with a dialogue like the one Morpheus delievered in the Matrix : "Stop trying to concentrate and concentrate"! For the time being, I'm off to AHEM study! Wish me luck...

P.S. I did finally call her up! Thanks Amod! That LDR post sure is responsible for this! I'm like so happy! But I'm gonna forward my cell phone bill to you, bugger! Be ready to shell out each and every penny that I'm having to spend thanks to you and your post!

posted by Smartalec at 12:55 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

26 Comments:

i would like to know whom exactly did u call

4/20/2005 5:19 PM  

i would like to know what exactly did u talk.... LDR Rules

4/20/2005 5:57 PM  

luck!!

4/20/2005 7:49 PM  

you told me do so...

4/20/2005 7:50 PM  

So you too having probs with concentration. Welcome to the club!

My way to solve this: Play some soft music and confine myself to my room. Solitude and pleasent music often does the job. If even that doesn't work doze off.

4/20/2005 10:52 PM  

concentration? talk about it! y'know, the best way to deal with concentration is to lose it. it always works :D then when you come back looking for concentration, lose it again! :P

man! i love my life. nothing ever to do, except maybe blog and . . . and . . . and ya that's about it!

4/21/2005 3:18 PM  

@shaan and amod
see? thatz what i'm talkin abt! u guys too can't concentrate! the topic is abt concentrating, dammit! not abt the girl n my conversation with her:P!!

@anubhav
thanx dude! n though u didn't ask for it, wish u loads of luck too...

@viki
been there, tried that, gave up:D!! even tried bhavesh's standing upside down on d head trick but almost broke my neck! dozing off...hmmm.. thatz a plausible solution

4/21/2005 4:05 PM  

@confused
hehehe! amusing! really funny!

4/21/2005 4:07 PM  

concentration...

Sleep!!! zzzzzzzzzzz....

wake up... roam arnd... sleep agn!!! Thtz wht I hv bn dng all this sem...

Whoz da lucky gal dude???

4/21/2005 6:38 PM  

stevie boy u missed da lecture too
brothers in woes eh...
well don worry so much, losin conc is routine ya know! happens all the time wid me, i read a page then say "heck! i got this shit, so let me reward myself" and then i waste 2 hrs on cs,frenz et alll
so chill and ny updates on the RI

4/21/2005 8:13 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/21/2005 8:13 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/21/2005 8:15 PM  

Ans to Qs 1 and 2 wanted

4/22/2005 4:21 AM  

and i am confused! hehe. i am not gonna suggest anythign here, cause am too much in mood for party this times a year. Bad luck u got exams.. or else would have invited ya..

best luck!

4/22/2005 7:35 PM  

party? me ready! exam or no!!

wat say stevie? it'll help you even conc on your muscles, since now you'll have to pataofy atleast one girl :P

4/22/2005 8:53 PM  

steve hunk, iam shocked .. u needed to call a girl .. when it shld be the other way round .. man, surely girls don't have brains. but ya whoz the gal?

and exams will just pass by as they have for 2.1/2 yrs now .. no need for concentration .. little bit of luck is required to sail through safely!

.. anyways best of luck for examz ..

4/22/2005 10:08 PM  

steve i checked out mathuria's door today[;)]
it had all of the intern assignments

seems u me and rahul singhal are doin optimizing kerberos dude

check it,check it,check it

4/22/2005 10:26 PM  

Hey Steve,

I just realized why don't you get to see the latest posts on my blog. I have changed my url to kviv.blogspot.com. But you have still linked me to daiictian.blog....

4/22/2005 10:40 PM  

@naresh
same story with me too! can't complain... it's nice:D!

@ektz
oh! u're a meanie:P!! yeah i kinda like confused thallath's suggestion! n i've got a cool schedule for d exams! i'm still open for invitations;)

4/22/2005 11:05 PM  

@arpit
yaar some things can't be helped! but thx for d good luck! wish u loads of the same!

@sriram
it's gonn be a long, long summer my friend:(!!

@viki
oops! thanks for pointing out the blooper! i've changed that! now keep updating!!

4/22/2005 11:08 PM  

and abt all the questions abt the lady in question, patience my fellow comrades! i'll publicise it when d time is right:P!!

4/22/2005 11:09 PM  

hey i salute to the nerdy people at my col...its so nerve rackin when exams are round the corner an u dunno a shit...but i think by bloggin u get things off ur chest...a super stress buster...

4/24/2005 11:21 AM  

did u reaslly try that?? hahahaha

4/26/2005 9:10 AM  

@prashanth
i know what u r talking abt, dude! blogging sure helps in ways more than one...

@bhavesh
what r u talking abt???

4/26/2005 2:33 PM  

did u really try hanging upside down? :P

4/28/2005 3:11 AM  

oh yeah!! i accept though that i concentrated the entire time on not breaking my neck! so it was kinda helpful in increasing my conc. even if for a short while;)!

4/28/2005 3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home