kc The drudgeries of life: The encounter The drudgeries of life: The encounter

The drudgeries of life

Friday, May 27, 2005

The encounter

Can I have your attention please?! Yeah! The fact is that I'm on the road to recovery after yet another attack of lethargy and fits of procrastination! It's been almost a month since the semester got over, and more than half a month since I got free of the project work and officially attained freedom! But I was very wrong to assume that I'd be blogging away to glory once the hols start! For one thing, I was more frequent here during the semester than I am at present! The sole credit for my not blogging goes to laziness and procrastination! About 10 days ago, I did write a blog but the damn text got lost thanks to some internet explorer error (Bless Gates)! To think of it, I've been sleeping for almost 10 hours each day:D! Nothing much to be done in the unbearable heat except perhaps hibernation! Apart from that, I've been playing card games and table tennis and what not! And how could I forget the gym and the loads of novels that I love to read while lazing around on my bed! So there you go, loads of excuses for being an infrequent visitor at blogland! But I'm back thanks to people tagging my blog as a "dlog" and making derogatory comments about it!

To continue from where I left off, nothing much has taken place in greensville a.k.a. Gandhinagar! But just a couple of days ago, something rather unexpected and pleasant happened! I never knew that being up early in the morn would ever benefit me much but on the fateful day, I was having breakfast after jogging a bit when my eye caught sight of this pretty damsel having a chat with some of the college staff! Having read my previous posts, you might've guessed that there was a pretty slim chance that this particular chick was a student at my college! So here I'm eyeing this girl just like a hungry dog eyes a bone that I realize that she has started walking towards the table where I was with a group of pals! Holy cow! The next moment, she was standing in front of me! "How you doin'?" as Joey would say;)! It turned out that missy needed some help and couldn't find anyone in the deserted campus at this hour of the morning, and she had stumbled upon a bunch of nightouters, namely us, who had nothing better to do than laze around in the cool morning breeze! Oi! "At your service, madam" was what I heard my heart shout out and before I knew it, I was on my feet! I can be swift at times, you know! Dunno why but I asked my pal, Nemo, to accompany "us"! So there I was walking with a damn cute girl with Nemo trailing a good distance behind!

What say we call the lady Ms. X?! So Ms. X is apparently excited about something! First and foremost, she tells me that she's from neighbouring NIFT and I'm like "That's obvious"! She somehow managed to forget the path she took to reach us and so I walk with her, showing the direction to her destination, chatting about this and that never wanting this moment to end! Thank God that Nemo managed to remain a fair distance behind us! I found out that X actually wanted to get a few snaps of the clothes she designed in front of some of the wierdly painted trees in our campus! All the excitement for that?! Sheesh how very embarrassing! But what the heck! It's her choice! As we begin to zero in on our destination, I realize that there are more of where X came from, 2 to be precise! There they lay sprawled on the lawns oblivious to our approach! Gosh! Now this I did not expect! Same was the case with Nemo! Anyway, we helped them with what they wanted! O how I wished to stay back and be of more assistance but...

So after bidding farewell, me and Nemo walk back to the hostel discussing, you don't need to be Einstein to guess it, the 3 girls! At this point of time, I would like to remind one and all that the normal life of a DA-IICTian male is spent observing either the computer or books or most importantly, trees! So it was a much needed break from the mundane everyday routine to cross paths with a beautiful gal as X! And if there is any such thing as history repeating itself, how I pray now that it turns out to be true in this case! Wouldn't mind another such encounter...

Signing off,
The chosen victim of Infatuation,
Steve

posted by Smartalec at 11:42 PM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

9 Comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

5/28/2005 1:39 AM  

good ter have ye bak buddy
its been a long time since we got to enjoy ur blogs...
so plannin to make any moves on da ladies.

ps: and y do u always get to have encounters with NIFT chics..[;)]

5/28/2005 9:49 AM  

Guess I miss the F for fashion at NI(F)T surat...lucky u..

have more such encounters ..hope one day u'll no more be a victim..

5/28/2005 2:32 PM  

Damn! just when I was beginning to enjoy calling your blog names! :P
So our blogs have something in common! The Unkymood! Ain't that exciting :D

5/28/2005 5:56 PM  

ladkiyaan 3 aur ladke 2! Early morning bonanza!

Btw, have u taken their contact ids and numbers? Hope u have. Now go ahead..

5/28/2005 9:11 PM  

@dreamcatcher
not at all;)! but why that comment! somethin sure smells fishy! where r u from DC?

@sriram
search me! probably somethin good is in store for me:D! since finally God is answering my prayers albeit in installments, i have no grudge!

5/28/2005 9:38 PM  

@anubhav
hehe! thanx a million! i share ur hopes n pray with you:D!
so what if u're missing the NIFT factor?! from what i hear, surat is full of maal;)!

@divz
phew! the dlog thing was enough! couldn't stand more of it!
and hey! atleast d whole world knows d reason for my unkymood! whereas the reason behind urs is a mystery! enlighten us, or atleast me, divzie!

@viki
sorry 2 disappoint u buddy! but i haven't! but what the hell! we can go looking for d prettiest of the lot in NIFT anytime!

5/28/2005 9:45 PM  

Mine's pretty twisted! That's why its still what it is, a CRUSH!yikes I'm 20 I shouldn't have crushes anymore. Fortunately its mutual, but alas! its still hard for things to work out.
Another observation: I've noticed plenty of IIT and DA-IICT guys get smitten by every other pretty girl they see and they go completely ga-ga. So weird!

5/28/2005 11:31 PM  

@divz - its all about demand and supply ...demand is too much and there's no supply
@steve-when did it happen?cant u call me or sms me when such incidents happen?

6/01/2005 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home