kc The drudgeries of life: Lucky Number 7th The drudgeries of life: Lucky Number 7th

The drudgeries of life

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Lucky Number 7th

Today was the day when I desperately needed a recharge... 3 of my main charging points are far far away, but thank goodness the fourth is pretty close by :)
A rendezvous was planned for the evening... and yes, as expected, the day was mired by unforeseen work!
Pulled off a presentation with ease... thank God for MBA... I can make comprehensive ppts, though got lots of valuable insights on the do's and don'ts of corporate presentations!
Loads of interesting work on the cards... let's hope there's no bundling just this once! 
It's nerve-wracking to be waiting for the clock to strike 6... there were plethora of calls or messages from the boss about work, and all I could do was to keep my fingers and toes crossed, and pray for no extra work that'll make me stay back :s

And it's exciting in a way to end up doing what I know I must do... scat before anyone can hold me back on a whim; stand in the middle of a flower market explaining to my boss over the phone how much I've accomplished in the day (and beautifully avoiding any reference to my current bearings :p); meeting my girl on a really special day (yep, she's my personal brand of heroin!); spending an awesome carefree evening at an lovely, romantic place in the company of two very beautiful ladies!
Only regret: not running out hand in hand and getting drenched while embracing the inviting fountains! If only someone wasn't so people conscious :p

Got loads of news when I got home... don't know whether to be happy about some things, or to whinge about the remaining! 
Screw it all... just picked up the guitar and I forgot everything for a while! 
A surprise message, long conversations and happy people provided the perfect closure to this superb day!

I knew Mumma and Dada would call me whenever they saw Toy Story 3... they surely did, no matter it was midnight! Lovely movie... it made me miss my toys (Heman and his entourage, GI Joe, Hot Wheels et al) and my childhood like never before! 

Now to hit the sack...
If only God allowed me a chance to customize each day the way I'd like it to be, then the 2nd half of each of my days would resemble today!
Bonnuit! 

Labels: , , ,

posted by Smartalec at 1:26 AM
Share this post: Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home